During this season the days are long due to extensive daylight. This means more time to explore! We might decide to extend some day tours into the evening because why stop exploring if the sun is still shining (even though it’s almost midnight!).
During this season a whole new world opens up as the highlands become accessible. Full of vibrant colours and otherworldly landscapes. We will adjust the itinerary and thus make sure you get the most our of your summer vacation in Iceland.
Your accommodation: We have created the ideal base for your adventure travel in Iceland. You will accommodate at Midgard Base Camp. It is filled with local people and good vibes. Comfortable beds, delicious food, locally brewed beer, fuzzball table and not to mention the rooftop sauna and hot tub. For more information check out Midgard Base Camp’s website.
DAY 1- Welcome to Iceland
• Arrive at Keflavík International Airport (KEF) before 11:00AM, we also do a pickup in Reykjavik.
• On our way to the south we will explore the Reykjavík peninsula which some people think looks like the moon! – you will have to judge for yourself.
• Accommodation and dinner at Midgard Base Camp
DAY 2 - South Coast and glacier adventure
• Today we will explore the beautiful south coast. Possible stops include: Skógafoss waterfall, Seljalandsfoss waterfall (you can walk behind it!), black sand beach, Vík, Reynisfjara and Dyrhólaey.
• Visit the Sólheimajökull outlet glacier to witness the ongoing changes on the glaciers. To give you an even better introduction of the glacier world we fasten our crampons and take on a short hike on the glacier.
DAY 3 - Þórsmörk super jeep adventure/Hidden highlands
• After a nice breakfast at Midgard Base Camp we tie our shoelace and head on to Þórsmörk, the valley of the Thunder God Thor. Þórsmörk was made in eruptions underneath the glaciers that makes its wonderful landscape.
• On our way inside the valley we will explore the surroundings of the volcano Eyjafjallajökull, the one that erupted in 2010. We stop by the outlet glacier Gígjökull where the eruption first presented itself.
• When in Þórsmörk we take on hikes depending on the group’s energy and will.
DAY 4 - Surprise day / Departure
• On this day there are a few possibilities. We will most likely take you on a hike to Reykjadalur, the geothermal area and for a warm bath, The weather will decide on this.
• At the end of the day we take you to Keflavík International Airport (KEF) or Reykjavík. If you are flying home on this day your flight should depart 7:00PM or later.
• Our team will be happy to assist you with extended stay.