Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The two "must see" attractions in Stockholm are the Old Town (Gamla Stan) and the Vasa museum. Few tourists leave Stockholm without visiting these two attractions! This new tour, which starts at Gamla Stan metro station, combine these two major attractions! During the walk we will tell you the story of Stockholm and Sweden. This includes the time when Sweden was one of the greatest powers in Europe and the Vasa ship was built. We will start our walk at Riddarholmen with a beautiful view of the lake Mälaren and the City Hall. We will pass the House of Nobility, the Parliament building, the Royal Palace and Stortorget in Old Town. Then we will take the ferry "Djurgårdsfärjan", a 10 minute trip to Djurgården, where the Vasa Museum is situated. In the museum we will tell you the astonishing story about how one of the worlds most modern war ship capsized after only 1300 meters of sailing! After the trip you can continue with some of the other museums or activities on Djurgården!
- You'll start atMunkbrogatan 8Munkbrogatan 8, 111 27 Stockholm, SwedenIn the Gamla Stan metro station, under ground, in front of the "Pressbyrån kiosk"See address & details
- 1Riddarholmen Historical MarkerStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 2Riddarholm Church (Riddarholmskyrkan)Stop: 5 minutesSee details
- 3RiddarhusetStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 4Vasabron BridgeStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 5Parliament Building (Riksdagshuset)Stop: 10 minutesSee details
- 6Royal PalaceStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 7JarnpojkenStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 8StortorgetStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 9Stockholm Old TownStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 10Skeppsbron 26Stop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
See 1 more stop
Munkbrogatan 8, 111 27 Stockholm, Sweden
Vasa Museum, Galärvarvsvägen 14, 115 21 Stockholm, Sweden
- Entrance to the Vasa museum
- Fee for the boat trip to Djurgården
- Entry/Admission - Skeppsbron 26
- Entry/Admission - Vasa Museum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 2 more reviews on Viator
This was a great experience! Bengt was a knowledgeable, personable, engaging guide who taught me so much about the history of Stockholm and Sweden. He welcomed my many questions and we were never rushed. Walking tours are a fun way to learn and experience, as well as get…
My husband & I were lucky enough to be the only ones on this small group tour yesterday. It is a great tour for a quick overview of Stockholm as we had limited time. Bengt is a very congenial guide. We enjoyed his company very much & learnt a lot. The pace was perfect for us.…
Date of experience: February 2020
Bengt provided the best way for us to see Old Town and the Vasa Museum. He was personable, funny, and highly knowledgeable. We enjoyed everything about his tour and highly recommend.
Date of experience: December 2019
I had such an amazing time and a great tour of Stockholm with Bengt Nykvist. He was knowledgeable, friendly and answered all my questions.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Stockholm DriveAndGuide
Great job Bengt!!
Bengt is a Stockholm local who also speaks very good English- for those interested an English speaking guide. He i…
The very nice Old Town of Stockholm and this new Viking Museum.
Very interesting and enjoyable guided walk in the Old Town and the new Viking Museum. Could have spent more time on…
Small group walking tour of Stockholm
Bengt knows his city, country and its history. We, (2 couples) met up with Bengt at Gamla Stan station. In our two …
Nice walk with history in connection
I took this tour with Bengt in Stockholm recently. The tour had a cronological theme that explained how Sweden was …
The perfect overview.
Today I took a two-hour tour with Bengt, and we walked around central Sweden. He has a three-part schema for expla…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 124 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 709 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 3,540 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Stockholm Old Town and the Vasa Museum, a small group tour.
What time does Stockholm Old Town and the Vasa Museum, a small group tour. start?
Stockholm Old Town and the Vasa Museum, a small group tour. will start at 10:00 AM. Discover and book Stockholm Old Town and the Vasa Museum, a small group tour. on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Stockholm Old Town and the Vasa Museum, a small group tour.?
How much is Stockholm Old Town and the Vasa Museum, a small group tour.?
Stockholm Old Town and the Vasa Museum, a small group tour. price starts from AU$102.72. Discover and book Stockholm Old Town and the Vasa Museum, a small group tour. on Tripadvisor
What is the Stockholm Old Town and the Vasa Museum, a small group tour. cancellation policy?
Stockholm Old Town and the Vasa Museum, a small group tour. cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Stockholm Old Town and the Vasa Museum, a small group tour. on Tripadvisor