Recommended by 85% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll start atRosenborg CyklerRosenborggade 3, 1130 København K, DenmarkDeparture Point: All our cycling tours start at Rosenborggade 3, 1130 Copenhagen> Rosenborg Cykler.See address & details
- 1Copenhagen Central StationStop: 3 hours - Admission includedYou will meet your viking guide at "Lagkagehuset" (The layer-cake house), Frederiksborggade 6 on the corner of Rosenborggade. While preparing for the tour you will listen to all safety instructions and a nice introductory Viking Tale. You will be stopping at almost all of the popular Copenhagen sites. Ready, Set, Go! You will be passing Rosenborg Castle and the King’s Gardens and cycle across colorful Nyhavn (New Harbour) towards the most photographed lady in Copenhagen: The Little Mermaid. Here you will stop to hear some mermaid anecdotes and have time for a selfie while continuing the Viking style. You will then head around the fortress (Kastellet) to the Gefion Fountain where your guide will tell you the story of the powerful goddess. By now, you will already know how to greet people in Danish and you’ll have awesome stories to add to your weaponry. Continuing on, get ready to feast your eyes on some eclectic architecture at Amalienborg Palace, The Marble Church and the modern Opera House. Enjoy the lively area of Nyhavn and don’t forget to take a postcard picture before heading over The kissing Bridge to Freetown Christiania. Keep riding and enjoy the view on route to Christiansborg Castle and listen our guides insights about the royal’s old family home. Continue to the City hall and take a glimpse at both the modern and old buildings that surround Tivoli park, uncover some secrets (or maybe other things) and learn about the real Hans Christian Andersen. By now you could start calling yourself a local and… Wait… What’s that on your face? You’re already growing a Viking beard! Time to sink the pace and enjoy the charming arches of Gammeltorv (Old Square), the “hyggelige” (cozy) streets of the Latin Quarter, and hear more anecdotes: “Cue the mysterious background music…” We’re talking MURDER STORIES and FIRE! Pass by Vor Frue Kirke (The Church of our Lady) and stop at Sankt Petri Kirke to hear a story about love and betrayal. Finally head to the round tower and learn about the story of this very unique observatory. Now you are not only a Viking but you are also a very knowledgeable Copenhagener so let’s take a proper Viking picture! The tour ends where you started.Read more
- You'll end atRosenborg CyklerRosenborggade 3, 1130 København K, DenmarkDeparture Point: All our cycling tours start at Rosenborggade 3, 1130 Copenhagen> Rosenborg Cykler.See address & details
Rosenborg Cykler, Rosenborggade 3, 1130 København K, Denmark
Returns to original departure point
- Local guide
- Use of bicycle
- Entry/Admission - Copenhagen Central Station
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Helmet. (It is not obligatory in Denmark, but you can rent one for a small extra fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for child aged 14 and under.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Spent 20 euro to reach our appointment on time. Only to discover nobody was there and the phone numbers given do not work!?. Seriously disappointed. Even Viator could not reach these guys. Out of business?!
We met Liam the tour guide on time and was easy to find! He was really friendly and approachable, made the tour what it is. He told us a great deal about every day life in Copenhagen and lots about the language. The cycling aspect was easy to get to grips with and the…
We came to Copenhagen for a weekend break and took the Viking Cycling tour. It was very informative and interesting visiting lots of sights and historical buildings in and around the city. The tour guides Liam and Jay had great knowledge and interesting facts we would otherwise…
Date of experience: October 2019
Our guide Jay was very relaxed and informative, showing us all the main sights and the "must have" photo opportunities. Good historicle information and tailored time at each location according to our interest including a request to drop in at Hard Rock cafe to pick up a T shirt…
Date of experience: August 2019
This is the PERFECT way to introduce yourself to Copenhagen! After you get some sleep (to ward off the jet lag)... we would advise you take this leisurely 3-Hour Tour your first full day in this lovely city. Liam Jon is a very welcoming, knowledgeable Host! Copenhagen is a…
Date of experience: June 2019
Response from vikingcyclingcph, Owner at Cycle like a Viking in Copenhagen (English)
Responded 19 Jun. 2019
Get peddlin’!! I like it :) Thanks for joining me :)
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Viking Cycling Copenhagen
Walking tour of Copenhagen
This was an outstanding 3 hour walking tour of Copenhagen. We covered a large area of Copenhagen by foot -stopping…
The tour guide was really good at all times and very motivated! It's been fun. Great group and very nice itinerary.…
Very interesting tours on Bike, got the basic data about Denmark's history and were taught many Danish words (not a…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Cycle like a Viking in Copenhagen (English)
Which attractions will I visit with Cycle like a Viking in Copenhagen (English)?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Cycle like a Viking in Copenhagen (English) on Tripadvisor
How much is Cycle like a Viking in Copenhagen (English)?
Cycle like a Viking in Copenhagen (English) price starts from AU$83.45. Discover and book Cycle like a Viking in Copenhagen (English) on Tripadvisor
What is the Cycle like a Viking in Copenhagen (English) cancellation policy?
Cycle like a Viking in Copenhagen (English) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Cycle like a Viking in Copenhagen (English) on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Cycle like a Viking in Copenhagen (English)?
Cycle like a Viking in Copenhagen (English) is hosted by Viking Cycling Copenhagen. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Viking Cycling Copenhagen on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Cycle like a Viking in Copenhagen (English) on Tripadvisor