Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Hike in the mountains is pretty common. But hiking in the mountain with final destination the ruins of an ancient city of 5th century B.C. is not and it is found on Rhodes Island. This PRIVATE/EXCLUSIVE hiking day trip to Ancient city of Kamiros begins by taking the downhill path from Profitis Ilias Mt. While enjoying a few hours of exciting walking through vineyards and farms with fruits and vegetables, you reach the City of Ancient Kamiros (5th century B.C.). You have the opportunity to wander around the ruins of the so called "Greece’s Pompeii“ and admire the sea view in front of you. Enjoy a delicious traditional lunch by the sea and relax at the beautiful sandy beach. A full PRIVATE hiking day trip that combines hiking in the mediterranean mountain scenery, visiting a popular ancient site of Rhodes, taste traditional dishes by the sea and relax on the beach, all in one!
Salakos 851 06, Greece
Returns to original departure point
- Local taxes
- Drinks (one refreshment or one draft beer or one glass of wine per person)
- Bottled water
- Lunch with local dishes (such as Greek salad, feta cheese, eggplant salad, meat balls, stuffed vine leaves (“dolmadakia”), chickpeas pies (“pittaroudia”), tzatziki, fresh fried potatoes, pumpkin balls, ALL made by Greek olive oil)
- Snack localy made by honey and sesame.
- Driver / guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected) for hotels located within 15kms from Rhodes city. For hotels located further, pick up & drop off are available upon request.
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hiking equipment
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by adults
- Not recommended for children aged 10 and under
- Operated by a guide in english and french (upon request)
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- A maximum of seven people per booking. It is offered for more than 7 persons, pricing upon request.
- Not recommended for participants with mobilty limitation
- Hiking Difficulty level: easy - moderate
- Length: 8,8 km (3 hours approx. of hiking)
- Duration: ~8 hours (totally)
- A current valid passport is required on the day of the tour
- Sportswear, sunscreens, hats and a camera. Do not forget you swim suit!
- Season: Recommended from April to end of June & September to early November. July and August are very hot, so it is recommended either very early in the morning or afternoon after 6pm with program adaptations
- It can be offered exclusively (privately) upon request for up to seven pax (no extra charges)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
Custom wine tasting and sightseeing
My wife and I booked this tour, but were able to customize it since we had already visited Butterfly Valley. Vasili…
Highly recommended and wonderful
The trip was amazing. The driver was very friendly and explained everything about the place, culture and significan…
Great Sailing Day Tour
Had a full day sailing tour around Rhodes island with great captain and first mate, beautiful boat (downstairs coul…
Nice people - pretty setting
We wanted to go snorkeling when we were in Greece and our travel curator, Zephyr Travel Curators, helped us find th…
We asked Rhodetrip to be our private guides for a full day tour of the Island. They were very kind, with exceptiona…
Me and my partner went on this trip last week. Our captain, George, was so accommodating and full of information ab…
Sailing on East Coast of Rhodos
Taxi pick up was in time. Sailing Trip startet in time. Unfortunately there was not enough wind. So the motor had…
We walked yesterday to the top of akrimatis from monolitos with guide Vasilis and guide joergos. Started at 10 and …
Top experience hiking Akramytis
I had a great experience hiking up Akramytis mountain with Vasilis and Alexis. They both were very friendly and kno…
Fun and Surreal Experience!
Our sailing excursion along the coast of Faliraki was beautiful and the food was tasty. Thank you, Savvas, for maki…
Fun and Surreal Experience
Sailing along the Faliraki coastline was beautiful and the food was very tasty. Snorkeling was incredible too! We c…
Very nice roadtrip
We had the pleasure of having a day trip with Vasilis. We booked a trip that would take us to the butterfly valley …
Butterfly & wine tasting
It was just me and my daughter, Vasilis picked us up and stopped for an early morning iced coffee which was a nice …
Great day trip from Rhodes town
We had an amazing day with our guide Vasilis from Rhodetrip. We were initially hesitant to book this trip given the…
Great day trips
We had two wonderful day trips with Alexis and Vasili. It was nice to listen to their stories about the island, and…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 661 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Hike towards the Ancient City of Kamiros (Private Tour)
What time does Hike towards the Ancient City of Kamiros (Private Tour) start?
Hike towards the Ancient City of Kamiros (Private Tour) will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Hike towards the Ancient City of Kamiros (Private Tour) on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Hike towards the Ancient City of Kamiros (Private Tour)?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Hike towards the Ancient City of Kamiros (Private Tour) on Tripadvisor
How much is Hike towards the Ancient City of Kamiros (Private Tour)?
Hike towards the Ancient City of Kamiros (Private Tour) price starts from AU$214.39. Discover and book Hike towards the Ancient City of Kamiros (Private Tour) on Tripadvisor
What is the Hike towards the Ancient City of Kamiros (Private Tour) cancellation policy?
Hike towards the Ancient City of Kamiros (Private Tour) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Hike towards the Ancient City of Kamiros (Private Tour) on Tripadvisor