We had a great time in Santorini. Dimitris picked us up on time and took us on a wonderful tour of the island. I told him I collect sand from the places I visit and he took us to a black sand beach and a...More
From the black-sand beaches and picturesque caldera to the mountaintops and charming villages, Santorini is an island with is much to see. Discover the marvels that make up of one of most charming Greek islands on this private full day scenic tour.
Your tour begins with a visit to the island's half-submerged caldera—a picture perfect setting. Strike a pose against the backdrop of the deep-blue Aegean Sea and take some memorable photos as your guide tells you about Santorini's volcanic history.
Continue to the iconic village of Oia—renowned for its whitewashed houses and idyllic sunset.
Take a stroll around the streets and enjoy some free time to explore the village.
For an insight into Santorini's sacred culture, venture up to the island's highest point, where the Prophet Elias Monastery is perched, at nearly 2,000 feet (565 m) above sea level.
Hear monks chant and admire the far-reaching vistas that span the entire region before sampling dessert wine and extra virgin olive oil made onsite.
Next, venture around the island's countryside and enjoy local stops away from the tourist crowds -hand-picked by your private guide.
Have the opportunity to visit a traditional winery, where you can learn about the production of the local Assyrtiko wine or stop at a selected restaurant to sample some of the local foods Santorini is famous for.
Round-off your day on the Aegean waters with a visit to Kamari or Perissa, the longest black-sand beaches on the island covered with black volcanic sand, before returning back to your Hotel or Cruise ship.
Highlights / Itinerary
• Make a stop at the famous "caldera" of the island and learn about Santorini's formation & history.
• Discover the breathtaking town of Oia and enjoy iconic views of unparalleled beauty.
• Explore the picturesque Vlychada Bay famous for traditional Greek tavern's with fresh fish and romantic sunsets.
• Enter the Holy Monastery of Prophet Elias at the highest point of the island and gaze at a 360-degree panoramic view of Santorini.
• Wine-tasting of 4 different types of wine at a traditional Santorini winery. (upon wine-interest, stop can be replaced).
• Photo stop at the Red sand beach.
• Visit the black sand beach, on the Aegean waters. Opportunity for relaxing / free time.
• Taste delicious homemade local produce at an organic family farm in the countryside.
• Try the delicious "Gelato" of Oia, at the renowned "Lolita's Gelato" boutique ice-cream shop.
• Drive until the Venetian lighthouse, on the south corner of the island and discover the edge of Santorini.
We just returned from a 9 day cruise of Italy and the Greek Isles. On September 14 on Santorini, we took the private tour of the island. Apostle was our guide, and he was exceptional. He took us to the very best places for photo...More
The day couldn't have been any better! We started by going to Oia for a shopping excursion and my wife made that work extremely well. We went to the black beach and had lunch at a local eatery where the wine was great and the...More
What an amazing day! Perfect touring day with the best guide, Apostolos. He showed us around Fira, Oia and several other spots giving us the history as well as local insights. We finished with a wine tour and tasting at Estate Argyros. The tour was...More