Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Are you ready for a surprise trip? We promise it will be a unique journey where you discover the Netherlands at its best within a small group. But we won't tell you where we're going. Just book and let us surprise you along the way. Meadows, cows, ditches, windmills, dikes, farms, Frisian horses, local villages, a steam pumping station, a local museum, a museum village, UNESCO world heritage, local guides, traditional clothing, a cruise over the lakes… There is so much to see so anything is possible and every tour is different. The only thing you need to do is sit back, relax and enjoy this unique day in which we will surprise you with the best of the area. Do you have any specific wishes? Just send us an e-mail and we will try to make it happen.
- You'll start atThis is HollandOverhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, NetherlandsTake the free ferry from the Amsterdam Central station (to Buikslotermeer) and walk 2 minutes to t "This is Holland". Bring your booking confirmation and check in with your driver or guide. The bus departs at 8.30 AMSee address & details
- 1AfsluitdijkStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Het Friese MuseumdorpStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Museum HindeloopenStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4It preamkeStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5WoudsendStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6UNESCO World Heritafe Ir. D.F. WoudagemaalStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 7Museum SchoklandStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 8GiethoornStop: 3 hoursSee details
- 9Harlinger Aardewerk & TegelfabriekStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 10Eise Eisinga PlanetariumStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll end atThis is HollandOverhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, NetherlandsTake the free ferry from the Amsterdam Central station (to Buikslotermeer) and walk 2 minutes to t "This is Holland". Bring your booking confirmation and check in with your driver or guide. The bus departs at 8.30 AMSee address & details
This is Holland, Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands
Returns to original departure point
- This tour includes a delicious traditional Dutch farmer lunch including coffee, tea, milk and (hot) water
- Experienced driver and guide
- All entree fees
- Local guides at several stops
- Transport by luxurious air conditioned touringcar or mini van
- Exclusive map of the Amsterdam Lake District
- Entry/Admission - Het Friese Museumdorp
- Entry/Admission - Museum Hindeloopen
- Entry/Admission - It preamke
- Entry/Admission - Woudsend
- Entry/Admission - UNESCO World Heritafe Ir. D.F. Woudagemaal
- Entry/Admission - Museum Schokland
- Entry/Admission - Harlinger Aardewerk & Tegelfabriek
- Entry/Admission - Eise Eisinga Planetarium
- Transport from your hotel
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 1 more review on Viator
If you want to get out of Amsterdam for a day and see Historical villages, a UNESCO world heritage site, and more than a few awesome examples of how the Dutch are truly masters of successfully managing the power of wind, water, flood control and land reclamation for farming,…
Date of experience: July 2019
Response from A-damLakeDistrict, Owner at Surprise Tour to the Amsterdam Lake District
Responded 17 Jul 2019
Thank you for sharing! It was great having you on our tour and we are happy we could learn you more about our Dutch watermanagement. Best regards, Lysanne and the rest of the team
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Amsterdam Lake District Tours
Immerse Yourself in the Dutch Countryside
My daughter and I had the pleasure of the company of Lysanne for the day as we toured through the Lake District of …
Very enjoyable tour with personable and knowledgeable guides. Although the weather was cold and wet, it did not de…
There is more to see in The Netherlands than Amsterdam!
This tour provided us the opportunity to learn some of the history of The Netherlands and Friesland. The small tour…
UNESCO World Heritage VIP Tour
Highly recommend this tour to see and learn about Friesland Netherlands. Very eventful packed day with very informa…
Getting beyond Amsterdam
Spent time staying in and seeing Amsterdam, but this tour takes you beyond to see and understand the bigger picture…
Lorraine from Australia
A small but pretty village ,very friendly landlord.drove us to station. An interesting skaters museum, Hard to get …
Amazing day tour to fall in love with the real Netherlands.
I definitely recommend this tour. I am a Mexican traveler who is always looking for something different than the tr…
Understanding and Appreciating the real Netherlands
Absolutely awesome, this tour will teach you about the Netherlands and its people by taking you to 5 UNESCO sites a…
Highly recommend this company for a memorable day trip experience
This relatively new company has done their homework and is providing an excellent tour experience. We are world tra…
BEST DAY of our trip!
Fascinating! Entertaining! Eye-opening! Unforgettable! We loved every minute. Having taken small group tours o…
100% Enjoyed the tour! 100% will recommend this tour.
Even though we were out all day, and partially in some rain, it was so pleasant and relaxing thanks to Lysanne the …
UNESCO World Heritage VIP Tour Friesland!
This tour was a definite highlight of our vacation! Lysanne was the best tour guide answering all of our questions.…
Fantastic Day in the Dutch Countryside
We spent the day with Max, one of the the owners of this delightful company. We had booked the UNESCO VIP tour whic…
One of the best tours we have taken! UNESCO must see!
We really enjoyed the whole day trip! There was 5 UNESCO sites packed in one day so make sure you get plenty of res…
Awesome Tour of the Lake District and the Five Unesco Sites
We enjoyed our comfortable ride outside of the bustling city of Amsterdam to the quiet beautiful countryside of Hol…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 7,637 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 18,744 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,806 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Surprise Tour to the Amsterdam Lake District
- Surprise Tour to the Amsterdam Lake District will start at 8:45 AM. Discover and book Surprise Tour to the Amsterdam Lake District on Tripadvisor
- Surprise Tour to the Amsterdam Lake District price starts from AU$254.06. Discover and book Surprise Tour to the Amsterdam Lake District on Tripadvisor
- Surprise Tour to the Amsterdam Lake District cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Surprise Tour to the Amsterdam Lake District on Tripadvisor