Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Mt. Etna is the largest active volcano in Europe, but visiting its imposing peak from Catania can be a challenge. With this day trip, save hours by skipping public transportation and taking an all-terrain vehicle or minibus directly from Catania to Etna’s slopes. Explore craters, lava formations, and wooded trails with a guide before stopping at an area winery for a tasting and to relax over lunch.
- You'll start atPiazza Federico di Svevia, 32Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mount EtnaStop: 2 hoursTrekking up to 2000 meters on the Northern-East side of the Etna, accompained by our guide. Visit of a cave of volcanic origins with the equipment provided by us (helmets and torches).Read morePass byZafferana Etnea
- You'll end atPiazza Federico di Svevia, 32Piazza Federico di Svevia, 32, 95121 Catania CT, ItalySee address & details
- Round-trip transportation from Catania to the slopes of Mt. Etna
- Explore the trails with a guide to avoid getting lost
- Stop at a winery near Mt. Etna to sample three Sicilian DOC wines
- Enjoy a country-style lunch featuring local specialties
Piazza Federico di Svevia, 32, 95121 Catania CT, Italy
Returns to original departure point
- Transport service via Jeep or minibus from Catania
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Trekking shoes, wind jackets, helmets and torches
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- English and Italian guide are always available, French and Spanish are subject to availability. Upon booking, we will confirm you if the language required is available.
- Guests need to wear trekking shoes and bring a jacket. We can provide trekking shoes and jackets for free at the moment of the booking if requested.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian, vegan, celiac option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The tour was beautiful! Janet took us on a lovely excursion hike through Mt. Etna’s stunning landscapes. Her passion and experience in geology made the hiki even more fascinating, packed with all the inner workings of volcanos and how they impact the surroundings. The wine tour…
Date of experience: November 2020
We had such a fantastic experience! Our tour guide, Janet, was absolutely fabulous, extremely knowledgable with great English. It was only the two of us (my partner and I) on the tour which made it rather intimate and enjoyable. It rained on the day we hiked but the clouds…
Date of experience: October 2020
Marco was the best guide! He explained everything perfectly and really seemed to enjoy guiding. The volcano was beautiful. The winery tour was nice and the honey store was so cool.
Date of experience: August 2020
My wife and I were not disappointed with the Etna and wine tour, and enjoyed every moment. Denise was a great guide!
Date of experience: July 2020
1 Helpful vote
Long overdue review, we visited in October 2019. We were a group of 4 that signed up for the Etna and Wine excursion. This day trip was a highlight of our time in Sicily! We had Fabio as our guide, he was very engaging, knowledgable and made us laugh! He really went above and…
Date of experience: October 2019
Response from EtnaExperience, Public Relations Manager at Etna & Wine Tour
Responded 27 Apr. 2020
Dear Carls, Thank you very much for your review. Even if it is about an "old" experience, we appreciate it a lot... even much actually! :) Please stay safe in this crazy time and we hope to see you again if you think to come back to Sicily one day. Warmest regards, Etna Experience Staff.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Etna Experience Excursions
Full day trekking escursion on Etna
We decided to go visit Mt Etna and it was one of the highlights of our trips to Sicily. The booking of the excursio…
Etna full day tour
a wonderful tour guided by Janet. she is really knowledgeable and helpful. we went trekking and saw all the stuff a…
A perfect way to end our time in Italy- Thank you Janet!
We had an incredible morning experience with an amazing guide Janet. We were so lucky to be the only ones to have b…
Sunset Tour with guide Teresa
We took a private Etna Sunset Tour with our guide Teresa last month and it was absolutely amazing. It certainly was…
Great experience on Etna
Wonderfull afternoon with sunset. Janet our guide gave us very good explanations on geology and vulcanology. Pick-u…
Great trip to Etna and brilliant guide
While based in Catania, we had a great trip to Mount Etna (Morning Experience). Really good well paced, interesti…
Guided visit of Etna with a geologist
We booked the morning experience (half day tour). The staff (Dominick) was very helpful to advice us for our bookin…
Definitely recommended. During this tour you will see amazing views of Etna and the hiking trail was really beautif…
Etna and Taormina
This was one of the best experiences in my life! Our fully equipped and knowledgeable guide took us to a 1600m alti…
Fantastic tour - highlight of our trip
Fantastic tour, our guide was a volcanologist, and was able to give a very interesting account of Etna. Tours still…
Great guide and interesting experience
The trip to low Etna at 2000m was a really pleasant experience. The guide, Paolo, is not only very educated on the …
Great experience, fantastic guide
Amazing trip, Janet was a great guide and knew so so much about the volcano and everything around it. Standing on 2…
Fantastic day with experienced guide
Great experience and fantastic day! Pick up location was good and on time. Our guide Giovanni was very informative …
We went with a whole family with small children (one with broken leg). That was one of the most amazing experiences…
Amazing Tour with fun
Janet the tourguide was amazing. She has such a huge knowledge about the Etna, we could ask her everything. The tou…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French, Italian
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 319 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 142 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Etna & Wine Tour
What time does Etna & Wine Tour start?
Etna & Wine Tour will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Etna & Wine Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Etna & Wine Tour?
Etna & Wine Tour price starts from AU$110.53. Discover and book Etna & Wine Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Etna & Wine Tour cancellation policy?
Etna & Wine Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Etna & Wine Tour on Tripadvisor