Today the Correr museum offers numerous exhibits to discover the art, traditions and history of the Serenissima: our guided tour to the Correr Museum in Venice will only cover the most important rooms; if you wish, at the end of the tour you can stay inside and continue visiting the museum independently.
In the itinerary provided for this tour you can admire:
• The Ballroom - extraordinary in terms of its size and the elegance of the Empire style decorations.
• Rooms of the Empress Elisabeth - a new itinerary opened in 2012 after extensive renovation work was carried out, now giving you access to the Imperial salons of the Royal Palace.
• Dining-room for weekday lunches
• Lombardy-Venetian Throne Room
• Audience Room, the Bathroom and The Empress’ Boudoir.
• The Empress's study
• The Empress’ Bed chamber
• Antechamber of the apartments
• Oval room
• Neoclassical Rooms and the Canova Collection - the splendid Neoclassical rooms provide the perfect backdrop for the works of the great Antonio Canova. You can also admire a sketch in terracotta which preceded the sculpting of the marble complex ‘Psyche Revived by Cupid’s Kiss’, as well as the model in wood and wax for the unfinished project of the funerary monument to Francesco Pesaro, and the marble group ‘Daedalus and Icarus’.
• Then you will explore the different aspects of Venetian Civilization.
• The Library in San Vidal
• The Magistrature
• Venice and the Sea
• The Arsenale.
While planning your guided Venice tours, the Correr Museum really has to be included... Take advantage of the convenient online booking to organize your stay before departure!