Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Travel safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during this experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Hand sanitizer available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Updated 25/06/20 Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
See more of Rome in less time on a panoramic Segway tour that provides a quick and convenient introduction to the city for first-time visitors. On an easy-to-use Segway, ascend Rome’s hills with ease and avoid getting lost between landmarks with a guide. Plus, this intimate small-group tour is limited to six participants to ensure you receive personalized attention throughout.
- You'll start atPiazza Mattei, 11Piazza Mattei, 11, 00186 Roma RM, ItalyFrom Piazza Venezia, head towards the Marcellus Theater (the building that looks like the Colosseum). Pass the white, monumental Vittoriano building on your left. When you reach the Marcellus Theater, turn right and go straight ahead to Piazza Mattei. The fountain is in the center of the square, the tour operator's office is on the corner.See address & details
- 1Fontana delle TartarugheStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 2Ghetto EbraicoStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 3Portico of OctaviaStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 4Forum BoariumStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 5Colle AventinoStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 6Circus MaximusStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 7Palatine HillStop: 5 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 8ColosseumStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 9Piazza del CampidoglioStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 10Roman ForumStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
See 1 more stop
- Cover more ground in less time on a Segway tour of Rome
- A quick and convenient choice for first-time visitors
- Receive personalized attention in a small-group limited to six
- Choose a morning or afternoon tour to best suit your schedule
What to Expect
Depending on the departure time selected at checkout, greet your guide at a central Rome location and get familiar with your self-balancing Segway. Once you feel confident, glide through Rome’s Jewish Quarter to the Temple of Hercules, where listen to local legends and little-known historical information. Ascend to the summit of Aventine Hill with ease for picture-perfect views of Rome and then stop to snap photos of Circus Maximus. Your next stop is the world-famous Colosseum and the Roman Forum, two landmarks steeped in thousands of years’ worth of history. Absorb sweeping vistas from the top of Capitoline Hill before making your last stop at the Theatre of Marcellus. Your tour concludes at your original departure point in Rome.
Piazza Mattei, 11, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Returns to original departure point
- Segway and helmet
- Orientation session
- Local guide
- Bottled water and coffee
- Small-group tour up to 6 participants
- Ponchos in case of light rain
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Please note that all participants must be able to climb and descend stairs without assistance
- You must weigh between 40 kilograms (90 pounds) and 110 kilograms (250 pounds)
- The minimum age requirement is 16 years old. Customers under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Whoever does not meet these requirements shall not take the tour and will not be refunded
- Most travellers can participate
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Wearing masks is not mandatory as it is an outdoor activity and social distancing is maintained all the time
- If you book audioguides, you may want to bring your personal headphones
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Loved this tour which is an unusual thing to do but was fantastic!! At first its a bit hard but you really get to understand how to manage the segway and then its super nice. A must to do if you lazy about walking 😂
Date of experience: August 2020
We had booked the tour and made the pre-payment, but sadly Turtle Tours had to cancel the tour due to new regulations from the police. We were immediately informed and offered three alternatives including a full refund. Good and honest service.
Date of experience: July 2020
It was a great afternoon with a very nice guide Anastasia. The tour was informative and Anastasia answered all the questions we had and history and Rome. It was our first segway experience, but definitely not the last! Thanks a lot for restaurant and other interesting places…
Great fun and brilliant way to see the sights. The guide was knowledgeable. Would certainly recommend this.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Turtle Tour Rome
A fantastic tour- highly recommended!!
We came to Rome on our honeymoon and originally wanted to do the Segway tour, but unfortunately Segway’s were banne…
Incredible! Use them!
Incredible experience! Matt was incredibly helpful , gave very useful and informative , information and the segways…
Very cool live, online historical tour!
My kids and I joined this private tour from the comfort of our home via a live Zoom session. The guide was terrific…
Great custom golf cart tour
One of the highlights of our three week Italy anniversary trip. We toured all the little quaint places that makes R…
Got fully refunded when i canceled, will book again next time!
This review is entirely based on the customer service Turtle Tours provides: I was supposed to take a tour early Ap…
Best Client Service in Rome
We can not recommend enough Turtle Tour Rome. So we were coming to Rome for our honeymoon and had been texting with…
Best Segway Tour in Rome!
We have done many Segway tours and this was by far the best. Our tour guide spoke English very well and we were ab…
We would recommend this to anyone - we’ve just spent an amazing evening exploring Rome. Our tour guide was super fr…
My first Segway tour
Today was my first Segway tour and I absolutely loved it. Stacey or Anastasia was so much fun to be with. She’s so…
Segway Tour with Tatiana
My girlfriend and I had already seen some of the more famous tourist attractions (Colosseum, Pantheon, Vatican, Spa…
Nice evening segway tour
We were lucky (for us) to be the only participants in our tour (I guess others were frightened of rainy weather ear…
Excellent tour with Tatiana
Deligthful tour by night. Thanks to Tatiana who teached us how to handle the Segway. We were able to visit several …
Awesome Segway tour with Tatiana
We absolutely loved our Segway tour with Tatiana!! Because it turned out to be just our family, she suggested thro…
Fun for all ages, fantastic first night!
We landed in Rome at 2PM, checked into the hotel and then climbed the Dome at St Peters. Pasta for dinner then str…
Our tour guide Tatiana was so sweet and patient!! We had so much fun on this segway tour!! I would definitely recom…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 120,022 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 40,656 travellers!
from A$75.29* A$90.81
Popular: Booked by 76,409 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 15,720 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about 2-Hour Panoramic Segway Tour of Rome
Which attractions will I visit with 2-Hour Panoramic Segway Tour of Rome?
How much is 2-Hour Panoramic Segway Tour of Rome?
2-Hour Panoramic Segway Tour of Rome price starts from AU$82.41. Discover and book 2-Hour Panoramic Segway Tour of Rome on Tripadvisor
What is the 2-Hour Panoramic Segway Tour of Rome cancellation policy?
2-Hour Panoramic Segway Tour of Rome cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 2-Hour Panoramic Segway Tour of Rome on Tripadvisor
Which company provides 2-Hour Panoramic Segway Tour of Rome?
2-Hour Panoramic Segway Tour of Rome is hosted by Turtle Tour Rome. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Turtle Tour Rome on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 2-Hour Panoramic Segway Tour of Rome on Tripadvisor