This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii - Archaeological Area., Porta Marina Superiore (Via Villa dei Misteri) Piazza Immacolata, Piazza Porta Marina inf., 80045 Pompeii Italy
You will be picked up from your hotel in Rome by your professional English-speaking driver with a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle. You'll enjoy a scenic 2-1/2 hours drive to Pompeii.
- On the way you will enjoy a Buffalo Mozzarella Tasting in a specialized Buffalo Mozzarella Store in the countryside before Pompeii, the area is considered the fatherland of the Italian Buffalo Mozzarella!
- You’ll visit Pompeii Ruins
- Lunch included at a restaurant on the slopes of Mt Vesuvius
- After lunch you'll visit Hercolaneum Ruins.
- At the end of the tour your driver will take you back to your accommodation in Rome.
Private licensed guide (in English) is upgradable, with 2 hours in Pompeii and 2 hours in Herculaneum, selecting option at additional cost.
If you don’t want to have a private guide to accompany you inside the excavations, you can always rent audio-guides at the entrance (availables in English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese and Japanese).
Your first stop is to Pompeii:
Visiting Pompeii is not like a museum , is as live again in an ancient roman commercial town of 3 Km. Buildings, temples, shops catched in the time of the eruption.
Pompeii was an ancient Roman town near modern Naples, where the common people went on holidays at the time of the ancient Rome. Pompeii, along with Herculaneum and many ancient towns in the surrounding area, was mostly destroyed and buried under 4 to 6 m (13 to 20 ft) of volcanic ash and pumice in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD.
The excavations are huge, and not every area can be visited. Along the way tours can be organized to enter the excavations and see as much as possible.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Vesuvius National Park, Via Palazzo del Principe, 80044 Ottaviano Italy
You will stop for lunch and a wine-tasting (both included) in a local restaurant/winery on the slope of the volcano: it is located between Pompeii and Vesuvius' volcanic crater is in Italy's Vesuvius National Park, just a few kilometers from Pompeii. All guests visiting the winery are welcome to stay for an "Italian style" tasting, held on the terrace overlooking the Mediterranean. Tasting menu includes:
• Antipasto appetizer with local products: salami, provolone cheese, 'casatiello' (a local savory bread), and bruschetta with heirloom Piennolo tomatoes on bread baked in a wood-burning oven, paired with Lacryma Christi del Vesuvio Bianco DOP (100% Caprettone), Rosato (100% Piedirosso), and Rosso (100% Piedirosso).
• Spaghetti made with durum wheat flour and tossed with a sauce made from heirloom Piennolo tomatoes and basil, paired with Lacryma Christi Riserva (80% Piedirosso and 20% Aglianico, aged in French oak barrels for 18 - 24 months).
• Pastiera Napolitana, a traditional dessert featuring sweetened ricotta, candied fruit, and boiled wheat berries, paired with Capafresca Spumante Rosato (100% Aglianico) and Acquavite di Albicocche del Vesuvio, an apricot distillate.
• Under 18 soft drinks instead wine.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Parco Acheologico di Ercolano, Corsa Resina, 80056 Ercolano Italy
Born in the archaic age and initially inhabited by an indigenous settlement, the city was later exposed to Samnitic, Greek, and Etruscan influences, up to the predominance of Roman civilisation, still today visible and in an excellent state of preservation. Situated on a volcanic plateau, sheer over the sea, Herculaneum like the other cities of Vesuvius was submerged by the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 A.D., which buried it beneath a layer of debris measuring up to twenty-three metres in height.
Duration: 2 hours