Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
It is the maximum exponent of the Catalan baroque, in the interior we will see the equivalent to the Sistine Chapel.
- You'll start atCarrer del Carme, 47Carrer del Carme, 47, 08001 Barcelona, SpainSee address & details
- 1Institut d'Estudis CatalansStop: 55 minutes - Admission includedThe House of Convalescence of the old Hospital of the Holy Cross is one of the last Renaissance buildings that were made in Barcelona just before the irruption of the baroque. It was built at the end of the 17th century attached to the wall of the hospital, so that the patients could finish their recovery.The ceramic decoration of the House of Convalescence constitutes one of the most remarkable collections of all the Catalan ceramics, highlighting the ceiling of the main hall, work of the ceramist Llorenç Passoles. Without letting pass the precious painting of the chapel of Saint Paul by Josep Bal, considered the Catalan Sistine Chapel, a masterpiece and well preserved.Protecting the cloister is the sculpture of Saint Paul, work of Lluís Bonifaç, crowns the central water well that provided water to the entire House.Currently the building includes the Institute of Catalan Studies since 1931, an institution dedicated to the dissemination and research of Catalan culture and sciences.Enter and know part of the history of medicine in Barcelona.Read more
- You'll end atCarrer del Carme, 47Carrer del Carme, 47, 08001 Barcelona, SpainSee address & details
Carrer del Carme, 47, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
Returns to original departure point
- Guided Tour (by an expert guide)
- Entry/Admission - Institut d'Estudis Catalans
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Sternalia Productions
The Worst Experience Ever!!!!!! HORRIBLE!!!!!
If it is your first time go to Barcelona, Do Not Buy It! If you don’t speak Spanish, DO NOT BUY IT! It is a pure s…
AVOID if you're not a Spanish Speaker !
We booked the 5 senses meal for the 27 Jul and had an email exchange in English before I booked the event. Although…
Also known as Royal Academy of Medicine
We found this place on a Saturday morning because we were actually next-door at the little park which is named in h…
What a rip off!
Two years ago my son who knew we would be in Barcelona bought us the dinner at the observatory as a voucher online.…
Did two events with this company 1. medieval dinner in a palace that's closed (forgotten the name)- yes fairly chee…
- Duration: 50–59 minutes
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Popular: Booked by 14,324 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 6,564 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Guided Tour at the Old House Of Convalescence
How much is Guided Tour at the Old House Of Convalescence?
Guided Tour at the Old House Of Convalescence price starts from AU$13.18. Discover and book Guided Tour at the Old House Of Convalescence on Tripadvisor
What is the Guided Tour at the Old House Of Convalescence cancellation policy?
Guided Tour at the Old House Of Convalescence cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Guided Tour at the Old House Of Convalescence on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Guided Tour at the Old House Of Convalescence?
On average, this experience will take approximately 50m. Discover and book Guided Tour at the Old House Of Convalescence on Tripadvisor