Visit the only place in the world that is able to grow and produce Champagne, the King of Wines and the Wine of the Kings! Join this small group tour and you’ll discover the growing, harvesting, bottling , and proper way of tasting Champagne.
You’ll visit the quaint chapel and gravesite of Dom Perignon the father of Champagne and then meet with a local winemaker to learn about how Champagne is made.
Afterwards you’ll be given a fully guided tour at the famous H ouse of Moët and Chandon the world’s largest producer of Champagne. There you’ll visit part of their 2 8 kilometers of cellars. Before heading back to Paris you’ll also visit the beautiful Cathedral of Reims and have free time to explore inside where all of the French Kings were crowned.
Throughout the day you’ll be able to taste at least 4 different types of Champagne and even pick up some bottles for souvenirs if you’d like. We’ll carry them back to Paris for you in the van!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TOUR :
- House of Moët & Chandon: A fully guided visit to the world’s largest producer of Champagne who has 28 kilometers of cellars to explore! (Tasting included)
- Visit a small producer: See the vines in the fields and learn the different techniques for growing and harvesting Champagne suitable grapes from a small local producer! (Tasting included)
- Dom Perignon: Visit the grave site of the Father of Champagne and learn the story of the birth of this bubbly masterpiece.
- Reims Cathedral: One of the first monuments to be classified as a UNESCO World Heritage site, this gothic gem is more than 800 years old.
- Free Tastings: You’ll be able to taste at least 4 different Champagne wines on this tour and be taught the proper way to “degust” the sparkling wine.
- Small group: You will be in a group with no more than 8 people and your guide! So individual attention and quality time with your guide can be guaranteed.
- Comfortable A/C Van: You’ll ride in a brand new, very comfortable, minivan to and from the Champagne region.
- Live Guide: Learn the history of Champagne from our professional guide who will be happy to answer any questions you have.