Your Distillery Excursion starts from Glasgow, ensuring a great start your chauffeur will do a full introduction and point out all the on-board facilities in the vehicle. Once the formalities are out of the way they will run through the itinerary for the day and ensure all the passengers are comfortable and answer any questions before departing
• Your first stop is Auchentoshan Distillery, located close to Glasgow it is also know as "Glasgow's Malt Whisky". Unusual for a Scottish distillery they practice triple distillation, the process gives the whisky as more delicate sweet flavour
• Once your first distillery visit is completed you will make your way towards Crianlarich, driving along Loch Lomond's west coast. While enroute you are able to stop and take advantage of the stunning views of Ben Lomond, and the Falls of Falloch arriving in Crianlarich for a short stop a great example of a typical Highland Village
• The next part of the tour takes in the Falls of Dochart, Loch Earn and Loch Lubnaig.
• Next stop is the town of Callander which serves as the eastern gateway to the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park and is regarded as the "Gateway to the Highlands". Spend time walking around the town visiting the small shops and sampling local produce, there are plenty of places to have lunch from Tea Rooms to Local Inns there is something for all
• On Leaving Callander you make your way to the second distillery, depending on your tour choice it will either be to The Deanston Distillery or Glengoyne Distillery. Enroute we will stop at Doune Castle made famous through the recent Outlander TV Series for some photos, and either before or after you will drive by Stirling where you will see the National Wallace Monument and Stirling Castle.
• Deanston Distillery is on the banks of the River Teith and started life back in 1785 as a cotton mill until 1966 where it transformed into today's distillery, the only distillery in Scotland to be self-sufficient in electricity with its power coming from the River Teith. Tours are run hourly, if you wanted to experience the Heritage Tour then advance booking is required
• Glengoyne Distillery is one of the most beautiful in Scotland, unique in producing Highland Single Malt whisky but maturing them in the Lowlands. They also do not use peat smoke to dry their barley, but instead use warm air. All tours run on the hour, we would recommend booking online prior to arrival.
Your day finishes with all passengers being taken back to their accommodation, the Door to Door experience helps you enjoy the excursion without the worry of having too many drams or finding you way back at the end of the day