This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Explore the rugged Lake District on this 5-day experience from Windermere, including hotel or guesthouse accommodation and two full-day tours & one half day tour. Enjoy a Ten Lakes Spectacular trip with a lake cruise and visits to pretty Buttermere, Grasmere and Keswick; plus a High Mountain Passes tour over epic Hardknott Pass to see Muncaster Castle and ride the Ravenglass and Eskdale railway. You will also enjoy a half day Beatrix Potter's Favourite Countryside Tour visiting Hawkshead, Tarn Hows and Hill Top Farm. As well as breakfasts, your tour includes a fantastic overview of the Lake District plus round-trip hotel transfers in Windermere and Bowness.
Ten Lakes Spectacular
Beatrix Potters Favourite...
Windermere Railway Station, Station Precinct, Windermere LA23 1AH, UK
Returns to original departure point
- Hotel/rail station pickup and drop-off
- Luxury minivan transport
- Four nights accommodation in a 4-star hotel including dinner or a B&B including breakfast only.
- Ten Lakes Spectacular Tour
- High Mountain Tour including a train ride
- Beatrix Potter's Favourite Countryside Tour including a lake cruise
- Entry/Admission - Derwentwater
- Entry/Admission - Boot Inn, Boot
- Entry/Admission - Hill Top, Beatrix Potter's House
- Entry/Admission - Lake Windermere
- Entrance fee to Muncaster Castle
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry to Hill Top Farm
- Entry/Admission - Keswick Information Centre
- Entry/Admission - Muncaster Castle
- Entry/Admission - Hawkshead Grammar School
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Maximum tour group size is 16
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair access is required (only fold-up wheelchairs possible)
- Not recommended for child aged 5 and under
- Dress code in the hotel restaurant is smart casual
- The check in time at your hotel on Day 1 is 3pm, please time your arrival for after this time
- Please ensure you advise your preferred bedding configuration (single, twin/double, triple) in the Special Requirements field at the time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Each tour left on time, guide was friendly and attentive to passengers, knowledgable about what we were seeing and could field wide range of questions. I was very admiring of the skillful driving of a 16 passenger van over high mountain passes. I particularly enjoyed the High…
Date of experience: August 2019
Response from Liz C, Marketing Manager at 5 Day Best of the Lake District Experience Tour
Responded 14 Aug. 2019
Hello I1953RMpaigeb, Thank you for your review of your short break in the Lake District, we're thrilled you enjoyed yourself. We're very happy you admire our driver guides for their knowledge, friendliness and also driving ability, it's great to hear such brilliant praise for our staff, they do work very hard to give people the best experiences possible. Thank you for your suggestions for future passengers! Hopefully we'll see you again. Best wishes, Mountain Goat
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Mountain Goat Tours
Best Tour of the Lake District
Huge thank you, the tour was simply incredible and we had the best time, really informative and the views were mind…
Amazing experience and don't forget to ask for Mark
We are so glad to have picked Mountina Goat to take us around the beautiful lake district. A special mention to Mar…
An interesting and enjoyable tour, thanks a lot to the tour guide of course. Lake District was truly spectacular ev…
What a great day out.
We booked the 10 lakes tour. This is an all day tour. You have to book in advance. The minivan that took as around …
Absolutely fantastic tour with Duncan who went above and beyond to make the tour memorable. There were extra safety…
Loved this tour
This Ten Lakes tour was extremely enjoyable and interesting. Got to see so many of the beautiful hills and lakes in…
This was our first time visiting The Lakes and the day was the most incredible introduction to what it has to offer…
Fantastic tour of the lakes and some remote parts of the district. Comfortable minibus which was expertly driven by…
The 10 lakes tour was fantastic, the selection of spots we have seen was great, allowed us to see breathtaking scen…
Fantastic worth every penny
Our Driver Mark is outstanding! He knows the place well and very knowledgable. His driving is top notch ! Very smoo…
It was a very good day trip. Our tour guide name Anne was very nice a helpful . All the lakes/ places that we visit…
Great trip that kept giving. Fantastic experience taking in the less touristy sights. The tour guide Mark was very …
Wonderful introduction to the Lake District
Having never been to the Lake District and travelling by myself I was a bit worried about how I was going to see mo…
We did the 10 lakes spectacular tour We got picked up on time The van was spotless COVID guidelines followed at all…
A smashing day out
The whole experience was comfortable, informative and relaxed Our driver was knowledgable, willing to answer questi…
- Windermere Information, Kirkstone Pass, and 20 more
- Duration: 5 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255