This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: tripvam, 20 Serdika street Through the black gate, Floor 1, office number 7, Sofia 1000 Bulgaria
The tour starts at 09:00 am when we’will take you from your hotel.
We depart for Plovdiv which is less than 2-hour drive from Sofia.
After our arrival in Plovdiv, we’ll take a look at the most iconic attractions in the city. The beautiful houses, the cobblestone streets from the Bulgarian revival ages, the antiquity sights which remind us of how important this city was in ancient times.
For lunch, we will enjoy typical Bulgarian cuisine in a local restaurant.
In Plovdiv we’ll visit:
1. The famous “Old town” – a candidate for UNESCO World Heritage Site
2. The Roman theatre of Philippopolis which is probably the most visited place in the city. The site was built at the end of 1st century AD and is one of the most well-preserved theatres from antiquity in Europe.
3. The Roman stadium which is amongst the largest and most well- preserved buildings from the time of the Ancient Rome on the Balkan peninsula. The facility, approximately 240 m (790 ft) long and 50m wide, can seat up to 30000 spectators. Today, the northern curved part of the stadium is partially restored and is one of the most recognizable landmarks of the city!
4. The Ethnographic museum – it’s the second biggest in Bulgaria. There you can learn about the way Bulgarians used to make their living and how they actually used to live in the past.
5. The central square
6. The post
7. Antiquity Odeon
8. Dzhumaya mosque
9. Dzhumaya park
10. Church of the Holy Mother of God
11. Church of St Constantine and Helena
12. Nebet Tepe
13. The final stop in our tour is the Kapana neighborhood – the artsiest place in town which is a very dynamic place, changing constantly and also changing the people who visit it! You will have free time to explore this amazing place.
In the late afternoon, we depart for Sofia at about 5:00 pm. Expected time of arrival in Sofia at 6:30-7:00 pm