We had a very nice experience at this resort. Coming from another luxury resort in Lamai, we had high expectations and our first impressions were that it wouldnt be as good. But as we explored the resort and talked more with the staff, we realised it was a great resort, with friendly staff and great service.
The highlights of this resort is the pool, food, day spa and great staff.
The resort has a communal infinity pool, overlooking the beautiful North Chaweng beach, which is not the main Chaweng beach, but rather a much quieter and more pleasant beach. It felt completely private, and the hotel had a security guard, monitoring who was walking in and out of the resort and using its facilities, which was good. There were plenty of sun lounges and also amazing sun beds to use at any time, and the pool had great bar service for cocktails, beers and of course light pool side meals.
The food at the resort was great. Every morning we were provided a magnificent variety of food to choose from, fresh juices and coffee. I had an omlette every day, and it was cooked perfectly (great way to start the day). I should also mention the food was served in their restaurant which overlooks the beach, quite a stunning way to share a meal. One evening the resort offered a dinner on the beach, a BBQ, which was great. It included meats, seafood, and other lovely food, and had entertainment including a karaoke singer and a fire twirler.
We stayed in 2 rooms (an upgrade by choice not because we had issues with the rooms) including a normal room or 3 nights and a room with a private plunge pool for 3 nights, which was fantastic!! I highly recommend the private plunge pool, it was very large, especially compared to other resorts ive stayed at. The rooms were a bit aged inside, that is the only improvement point for the resort. We were delivered fresh water daily, and the room was nicely made up every day for us. The room also had good air conditioning to ensure it was cool for sleeping in. The bed was very comfortable and enjoyable - it included a mosquito net in case you wished to use.
One day we ordered a private tour car to take us around the island to explore without worrying about taxi driver issues.. and it was great. He took us to waterfalls, to an elephant ride and other great view / photo spots around Koh Samui.
I as a man, am not usually one to have a massage in a day spa, but the Anantara day spa was top class, with great service, friendly staff and a professinoal service. My partner got a Alo Vera scrub, which she loved after a day in the hot sun!
The only criticisms I had was that the resort was quite large, which meant that walking around was quite an effort in the humid climate - but that is the nature of the resort, and probably due to the generously sized rooms. Also some fo the rooms were a little bit dated, but that only goes to show that it is a well used resort!
The staff were magnificent thorughout the stay. The lady who greeted us for breakfast every morning was so nice, and staff were always very happy to have a chat and help out with any request. During our stay, we observed quite a number of rude overseas resort guests, who for no reason would push in and be rude to staff. This was always met with a gracious smile and a willingness to help, desipte having rude customers to deal with!
Overall, I only have nice things to say about this place. It had beutiful gardens and trees and was far enough out of the main part of Chaweng for it to be enjoyable. Would highly recommend for all family and friends of mine.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Resort And Spa Koh Samui/Chaweng
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Lawana Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.