My family and I have just returned from a week all inclusive at this Hotel. On arrival we checked in and were given our key......on entering the room there was 3 single beds in a row, with furniture removed to make room for the 3rd. There was 4 of us travelling so my husband went straight to the desk to be told oh yes it's fine housekeeping would be bringing us another bed !!! I went down to reception to be told that this was normal as i had only booked a standard room... i booked a family 2 bedroom room with 4 beds. Paid £2400 for 1 week. I produced my documents to be told that it was thomas cooks fault they booked the wrong room.As luck would have it the rep just walked in and after explaining the situation he went to speak with the manager....i was invited into an office where i was told, there had been aproblem with the rain and all family rooms were closed so we were relocated to the main building and tomorrow after 12 there would be another 2 bedded room available next door to my room. I agreed to make do for the first night as we were all sooo tired and irritable the kids just wanted to sleep.
The rep said he's be araound from 9 the next day and he would try and sort something out for us.
We went straight to the ballroom to try and get something to eat. I have never seen such a disgusting array of FOOD......Hubby had a plate of salad, the kids had bread and rice and the dreaded chicken nuggets which were grey and jelly like.I tried the chicken kebab,with salad. We ate whatwe could and went off to explore the hotel. One barman, one beer pump that seemed to always be empty, entertainment Well what can i say the first night it was agadoo, superman and a german version of the same i presume...kids diso all of half an hour ...then quiz night. 15 full songs played one after the other..you were thast bored after the first 30 seconds you forgot what you were doing.....when 11 oclock comes the take your drinks away finshed or not. 2nd 3rd you get it every night same 4 or 5 songs then the bingo or quiz.with a bingo caller that didn't speak very english
Next morning hubby went downstairs to talk to the rep and sort out the room issue......he was told i had agreed to another room but as the one nextdoor was taken we would get one on another corridor. After some argument and hubby threatening to book flights home right away, we were told we could have avery big upgrade at no extra cost.....he agreed to this and we were to get the key at 12 midday.
We were waiting by the pool until our room would be ready, the kids went straight in the water, it was freezing to say the least, there feet were blue not just with the paint that came off they were freezing.... the old sunbeds were always wet and smelly even after a full days sun......the slides are old and have seen better days the poolside was lethal, the railings that led to the slides were dangerous and my son among others cut there feet.........there was that much chlorine in the pool your eyes watered at the poolside......
Room upgrade was ok at first glance......jacuzzi that didn't work, mouldy bath and shower, lights hanging off walls, bare wires in the bathroom, fridge didn't work,one chair on the balcony and the view....lol next doors rubbish.
It was on this 2nd day i started to feel unwell.......i had nothing outside of this hotel so it was either the food which i suspect or the watered down alcohol..........by the 3rd day i was rather ill and this continued for the whole of the holiday after paying 2 visits to the chemist and a rather nice lady in my hotel who supplied me with immodium extra i was managing to come out of my room.........on the final day i couldn't even keep water down and was feeling so ill i was laid in the lobby until our transport came to take us to the airport, repeatedly been sick and rushing to the loo, not 1 member of staff or management asked if i was ok....
During this visit i also witnessed a fellow visitor been abused by the manager, a young child break his leg on an ill fitting carpet for his mother to be told "he should be watch where he going "!!!!!! Most of our spending money and more i had to draw out went on eating else where chemist trips and occupying my children on an evening which in turn meant we had to pay for drinks most nights too. DO NOT GO HERE - it is terrible
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC