I visited this hotel in June 2011 and it was the worst experience ever! I beg if you are considering going here or any other of the hotels on the same island DO NOT GO HERE. Every hotel is owned by the same company and the amount of people complaining of food poisoning from where birds just fly into the main hall where the food is, is just revolting. I do not even understand how tourist companies still have these string of hotels on their books I think its an absolute joke. And as for the hotel itself, its old, things break in your rooms, the people that work there are practically slaves, they are rude - except the waiters who are being nice for tips and the genuine people who just want to be able to afford to feed their families.
My experience in regards to the food poisoning I lost over half a stone in 5 days and I was unable to eat anything without seeing it again within the hour. I lost all my water retention and actually turned a shade of yellow. Another lady who was staying on the resort suffered the same thing and admitted herself to hospital, to which she found they had nothing for her as they were so badly equipped and they just pumped her with everything they had.
I strongly recommend not go here, and especially please do NOT talk children here. It would be such a shame to watch your children get sick. If you are looking for a nice holiday in a carribean atmosphere look at spending that little bit extra on a different location as it really is worth your health and your hard earned cash.
This experience has put me off going abroad without a shadow of a doubt.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Cayo Santa Maria Hotel
- Sol Cayo Santa Maria Hotel Cayo Santa Maria
- Sol Hotel Cayo Santa Maria
- Cayo Maria Santa Sol
- Sol Cayo Santa Maria Cuba
- Cayo Santa Maria Sol
- Cayo Santa Maria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an island paradise off the northern coast of Cuba stands the All Inclusive 4-star Sol Cayo Santa Maria hotel (300 rooms). Ideal for simply relaxing or for exploring the clear ocean bottom and neighboring keys that surround this marvelous Cuban tourist destination. Enjoy an unforgettable holiday with your family, all included. ... more less