We stayed at Royal Woods recently for 5 nights. The resort is a like a gated community with electronic gates to exit/enter through, giving some extra security. The accomodation is in villa units of varying size. We rented a two bedroom unit comprising (1 double with spa bath ensuite and 1 twin single), general bathroom, kitchen and lounge area. Outside is a lovely balcony with a small table and two chairs. This met our needs very well being a couple travelling with kids age 17 and 9. The kitchen has a microwave, oven, hotplates, toaster, kettle etc. and a full size fridge. Dining table and chairs for four and two double sofas in the lounge with TV and DVD. The unit is fairly sparse in terms of decoration but that's ok. There is a double garage
downstairs which contains the washing machine and dryer, which you would share if there were occupants in the other part of the villa (as the villa seems to have been divided into two). Fortunately for us, the rear part of the villa was unoccupied. Had I known this was the
configuration, I probably would not have booked this accommodtion, as I imagine it could be quite noisy and I wouldn't fancy having to co-ordinate use of the laundry facilities with another family. The villa was clean and the complex is quiet. The pool is great and we used the heated indoor pool every day as it happened to rain every day of our stay. Torrential at times. So much so that on the last day, the sewerage overflowed into the garage which was not nice. We
had to tip toe over scraps of toilet paper and other things I won't mention. The pool area is excellent and includes two heated spas, a waterfall, indoor heated pool, sauna room and
games room with billiard table and jukebox. The gym was being refurbished but I didn't use it or look at it. The complex is in a quiet area with some restaurants/shopping centres nearby.
Surfers Paradise is about a 10 minute drive so you would certainly need a car if you stayed here. I was very frustrated by the electronic entry gates which I couldn't get to work at all. I had
to get out of the car with the remote and it still wouldn't work! (we came in via the exit gate, when someone drove out, so not that great security wise!). We don't like the high rise
apartments of Surfers Paradise so this was very good for us. However, I would have to be guaranteed that I had the villa to myself, before I would decide to stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Woods Hotel Ashmore
- Royal Woods Hotel
- Royal Woods Resort Ashmore, Gold Coast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Royal Woods Resort... your special placeRoyal Woods Resort, based in Ashmore on Queensland's beautiful Gold Coast (Australia) is a world-class resort featuring unique natural tropical surroundings, exquisite rooms and breath-taking views.The Gold Coast's only all villa suite resort, offers a range of one and two-bedroom suites or three-bedroom freestanding villas servicing the need for short, medium and long term stays. We provide the option of fully furnished luxury villas for daily, weekly, monthly and longer term rentals. Whether staying overnight or seeking longer term accommodation for the whole family, Royal Woods Resort provides the freedom and comfort of a home-away-from-home, combined with the luxury and features of a resort.From the 900 square feet one-bedroom suites to the 2100 square feet three-bedroom, three-bathroom (including spa) home-away-from-home, all were designed with luxury in mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Royal Woods Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.