My wife and I chose to make this our third stop on our honeymoon and after plugging in the GPS and asking the front desk at the previous hotel to confirm directions, we set off on our way. However, our GPS and directions didn't indicate that Highway 27 was flowing in one direction this day (west to east towards San Jose) and in the process of receiving several sets of directions from locals, became lost and emailed Thomas (owner) for help. He quickly responded, calling us and putting us in contact with Luis (aka roadadvisor) who helped guide us to our destination. It really helped turn a stressful situation around.
We arrived late the first night due to the driving issues, but fell asleep to the sounds of howler monkeys and were greeted the following morning to the sounds of howler monkeys and toucans. The view was amazing from our room and the daily breakfast was good.
Unfortunately I fell ill during our stay and we decided to cut our stay here short in an attempt to get closer to San Jose to try to get earlier flight home. Thomas and Cindy were very accomodating. They were also incredibly helpful prior to our arrival, recommending places to visit and tours to book.
Would recommend Tikivillas to those looking for some seclusion and want peace and quiet.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scattered in this rainforest paradise near Uvita TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge is a small Balinese style boutique Eco Lodge with a relaxed atmosphere offering only five private spacious individual villas set 100 metres (330 ft) above the Pacific Ocean on a mountainside and just a few minutes walking distance to the beaches of the Ballena Marine National Park between Dominical and Uvita de Osa, Southern Costa Rica. TikiVillas is a perfect jungle and beach getaway for couples and honeymooners! You can fully immerse yourself in the Magic of Nature in our 13 acres of private Rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens. Access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails through primary rainforest and waterfalls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.