Arrive in the morning of 21st feb 2012 to be told our rooms weren't ready. Went into breakfast while we waited. Fetched us when 1 room was ready so off we all went. Oh dear room 76 not good and 74 which was not ready but could see inside. Back to reception to be told they were Premium rooms!!!! Showed us 2 others that were so bad that we wouldn't have kept pigs in them. Back to reception again. Took us to 206 which was so much better but still had mould all on the ceiling as you went through the door!. Out friends got room 205 which overlooked the pool after a 2 night stay in room 76. These also were Premium rooms. Room cleaned every day with clean sheets and bedding too.
Only had breakfast in hotel as the the food didnt look up to much from what we saw. Breakfast was very repetative but ok if you like eggs, fried or omelette. Tea and coffee was a problem as the waiters were very slow ot just forgot you. Get your own its much quicker. Also they always ran out of basics like knives, forks, glasses etc which meant you were always standing around waiting for some.
The whole hotel could do with a really good clean, they have enough staff for this place to be spotless but they just stand there and do nothing! If they got their finger out it could be a really nice place place. But as it is its only average at best.
So if you get a bad room complain and dont let them palm you off with rubbish!!
This is the best hotel around though when you look at the others.
- Also Known As:
- Colonia Santa Maria Hotel
- Colonia Santa Maria Calangute
- Colonia Santa Maria Hotel Calangute
- Colonia Santa Maria
- Colonia Santa Maria Goa
- Colonia Santa Maria Baga Beach
- Colonia Santa Maria (CSM) Goa/Baga
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colonia Santa Maria Hotel Beach Resort, also known as CSM Hotel or CSM Beach resort, is the premier resort on Baga beach of Calangute. The silver sand Baga beach is rightly touching the property. You do not have to go onto the main beach itself for the sun deck of the hotel is the rising green dune from where you get magnificent view of the Arabian sea and sun bathe without being hassled by the vendors on the beach. Our sea facing rooms and suites give you magnificent views from your balcony. The resort over four acres of spacious gardens is built in Portuguese style villas, each having six suites/rooms. Main beach is just couple of minutes walk even from the farthest room from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Colonia Santa Maria (CSM) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.