We thought our stay at the forest retreat was excellent. The room was a good size and the beds extremely comfortable. Unfortunately it rained the entire time we were in Franz Josef so it was nice to know that the retreat was welcoming and a place you felt more than comfortable to be in. The 5 course degustation meal we thought was excellent. Some of the best food we have eaten since being in New Zealand. We particularly enjoy well presented food, something that we feel makes a holiday. Thank you chef for this. We enjoyed being able to walk to the hot pools in our robes, a treat after a grueling glacier hike. We also found the staff especially charming and helpful. My only criticism is perhaps the lighting in the room was a little dim and I found it quite hard to read with the lighting as it is but this was a minor complaint.
- Also Known As:
- Te Waonui Forest Retreat Hotel Franz Josef
- Te Waonui Forest Retreat Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Hotels in New Zealand don't get any better than this! Nestled amongst native West Coast rainforest at Franz Josef is a very special five-star Qualmark rated retreat. Designed with utmost care of its precious environment, guests at Te Waonui Forest Retreat will find themselves encircled by rainforest and accommodated in natural and sustainable luxury. Te Waonui Forest Retreat promises all its guests a truly unique and memorable experience. At one with nature, the five-star Qualmark rated Te Waonui Forest Retreat is the ultimate coming together of luxury escape and environmental awareness. Great care has been taken to ensure this exceptional forest retreat steps lightly upon the earth, from the organic cotton bedspreads to its recycled local building materials. Discerning travellers will appreciate the hotel’s attention to detail, which starts with attentive personal service upon arrival, and continues throughout all the hotel facilities and every aspect of your stay.As our guest you will enjoy exceptional quality and service, including: Luxuriously appointed guest rooms, generously proportioned and featuring the highest standard of room amenities, such as your personal pillow menu, natural wool mattress underlay, and high speed Internet access. Dining among the tres in ‘The Canopy’ restaurant, and savouring quality local cuisine, including an indulgent five-course degustation dinner. Innovative, environmentally sustainable architecture and building materials that create a healthy, warm and quiet haven for you to enjoy. Easy access to many excellent local attractions, including the Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers, just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Olotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Te Waonui Forest Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.