Overall experience is excellent. Below is my detailed feedback.
• DJ “Ricky” : No complaint, will definitely recommend him. He provided the sound and music for the event. Everything was set, no equipment malfunction. He got the song selection we’ve asked and even could download whatever on the spot.
• Hair and Makeup “Jenny”: Definitely recommend her. She was professional, responsible and very serious about her work. And ON TIME (yes it is a serious issue when you are in Island time) she made me feel like a queen. Will suggest looking at her page. If you like what you see she is your girl. She did a messy updo with orchids and I LOVED IT. The makeup I thought it was too much for my taste but I followed her advice and the pictures came out great. I can only point out the eyeliner wasn’t apply straight and the hair kind of fall out thru the event….but it was a messy updo anyways and the makeup lasted all night!
• Cake: Based on reviews, went with by my own.
• Flowers: Didn’t have much, the view is gorgeous and it just doesn’t need much.
• Resort: Based on reviews, stayed at another place.
• Photographer: Based on reviews went with my own… Gio Camacho, enjoi photo… you will not find a better price for the quality of work. He did natural pictures and I LOVED IT. I’ve included some.
• Reverend “Francisco”: Yes, will recommend him. Super difficult to get hold of him to the point of being concern. Once we got in touch it was simple, he knows what is doing exactly. He even asked about dress code.
The event went well, Diana even made sure there were no guests in the area for the time of the ceremony (that I think was beyond her duties). The event started behind schedule, not sure why but would’ve loved that it didn’t. It made a difference to take advantage of the day light for the pictures and also how the sun was on our faces while the ceremony at the gazebo was taking place. I will say I was in a room with ac and didn’t mind but can’t say the same about my guests. At the end wasn’t a big deal and it work out fine. The setup was gorgeous, the weather to die for ..just perfect. The setting discussed was very nice; they know what they are doing. Diana is excellent. Only thing was the table I rather not have because it obstruct the stunning view, and I actually mentioned it in the contact. By the time I realize it was there I was walking down. When dinner time came it also took a long time, part of it because they will not take the order unless everybody is sitting down and I’m ok with that, it took us longer to get everybody. But salad and soup was a given, we shouldn’t have to wait that long for it…it think. Anyways the food was excellent, taste and presentation…only catch there was no appetizer for the kids. The waiters were awesome, need to give them all the credit. The drinks phenomenal, they know their stuff!
When cake time came everything was ready and everyone enjoyed it. But when the event was about to finished I asked directly to Mara (the other wedding planner) for takealong and my guests left without it. Only when I directly asked a waiter something happen. The fire pit was nice, since it gets very dark and there is little light and also because it give some warmth (not that you need it in PR ) but it only lasted a couple of minutes and it wasn’t brought back (almost a waste of money). Finally the only two things I will add is the lack of guidance for guests on where the event was taking place, especially because none of us were staying at the Resort and the ants, yes the ants…sting like hell and were all over the lawn. Hope this review can help you make a decision. I’m a very detailed person and wished some of the reviews where as detailed, but don’t get mistaken, I would definitely recommend it especially if you are working with Diana, if it is with Mara…good luck, the girl is a little bit lost.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC