We stayed at the Badus self-catering apartments for the 1st week of June 2009 & were pleasantly surprised. We got a great price (£170) for a studio flat but ended up in a lovely 1 bedroom apartment with a large living/kitchen area, balcony, large bathroom & double bedroom with 2 wardrobes.
The apartments are in a small complex arranged around 2 pools (one shallow for children) with great views of surrounding hills, & about a mile from a long sandy beach. There’s a shuttle bus to the beach during the summer & plenty of car parking space there too. Other holidaymakers in the resort were mainly Italian, a mixture of couples & families with young children, but it was always very quiet around the pool.
What we enjoyed about staying at Badus
• Very clean – pool & gardens were cleaned daily
• Spacious apartments – clean & well decorated with big balconies
• Well equipped kitchen - hob, full size fridge/freezer, utensils etc
• Wide comfy beds
• Quiet & relaxing location
• Friendly staff
• Cable TV (but no British channels!)
• Free car parking
• Small childrens playpark
• Outdoor BBQ area for guests
• Well stocked supermarket 3 mins walk
• Other small shops & quiet bars 5mins walk into the village
• Good local restaurants
• Short drive to historic towns of Isola Rossa & Castelsardo
Things to consider
• Hire car required to reach the resort – it took us just over 2hrs from Olbia airport.
• Towels aren’t provided but bed linen is.
• Resort & complex are very quiet (not the place if you want nightlife)
• No bar or eating places on site.
• Only Italian restaurants nearby
The 1st week of June is out of season as far as Sardinia is concerned – which means you can get good accommodation deals but some restaurants & attractions on the island in general hadn’t opened. This didn’t bother us as it was still hot & we could relax by the pool or on the beach.
Badesi itself is a quiet resort with a few small shops, restaurants & bars (Italian bars – think more café with a license, than a British boozer!). Not much English spoken anywhere so take your phrase book, we found people patient & friendly if you made the effort to try & speak Italian! Loredana at reception is very friendly & speaks some English.
We would recommend this resort to couples or families who like relaxing, quiet holidays without noisy bars or nightclubs.
I’ve added some photos but there are more at the Badus website www.badus.it
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Badus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.