Spent 3 nights here on a "ladies get away" with 2 old friends. Room was located on 3rd floor on an inner courtyard so wasn't the greatest in respect of views etc ( we were on a reduced rate as friends/family of hotel employee so suspect they don't use prime rooms for this rate ;) ) There were 2 double beds as opposed to queen size but the hotel gladly supplied a "roll away" that was actually a full size single bed on a platform so was very comfortable. The room was extremely large and we had no problem putting in the 3rd bed and still having lots of room to sit etc.
Bath area was also very large with a dressing room area with one sink but enough counterspace for 3 women to stash their makeup bags etc. Toilet and bath/shower were in a separate room off the sink/dressing area. Large closet, ample hangers, 3 robes,one umbrella, safe, bar fridge, coffee maker and extra coffee supplied when we asked.
What really made this hotel oustanding was the service from all the staff. We arrived at about 9:30 in the evening, and after check in requested the "3rd bed". It was delivered immediately along with extra coffee and additional towels. Decided to have a late snack at the Terrace bar....very welcoming and obliging waitstaff here as well. Good wine list by the glass and nice snack menu.
On our second evening we asked for a cab to head to a restaurant and were instead esconced in the hotel car. Discovered they have a couple of these which are available on a first call basis. On our arrival at the restaurant the driver gave us a card with the number to call for our return pickup. The restaurant staff made this call and after a short wait we were picked up and returned to the hotel. We used the service 4 times over the course of our 3 night stay. Each time the drivers were courteous, careful and just plain nice! Hotel doormen were also unfailingly cheerful and helpful.
Concierge staff made dinner reservations, cancelled other reservations, bought museum tickets and offered some great suggestions for areas to see/things to do.
This is a "grand old hotel" with a very large public space/lobby. There was a convention on while we were there but we never felt crowded or ignored even though the hotel was quite full.
The location was central to our activities ( Seattle Public Library, SAM, shopping, Food Tour) and I would definitely stay again.
The only complaint I would have here is they charge for wifi in the room. This is free if you're a "President's Club" member, which I am, so we did have free wifi but had to log in every 24 hours. It seemed odd to charge for wifi when once out in Seattle you're surrounded by free hotspots at every coffee shop/public space!!!
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Olympic Seattle Hotel Seattle
- The Fairmont Olympic Seattle Hotel
- Fairmont Olympic Seattle
- Fairmont Seattle
- Four Seasons Seattle
- Seattle Fairmont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Footsteps from Seattle’s most exciting attractions, The Fairmont Olympic Hotel combines traditional warmth with 21st century convenience and personalized service. Located in the heart of downtown Seattle, the beautifully historic 450-room hotel blends classic ambiance and Italian renaissance architecture with state-of-the-art amenities, including high-speed wireless Internet access in all guest rooms and public spaces, 24-hour room service, 24-hour concierge, a fully equipped fitness center with indoor swimming pool, and complimentary house car service throughout downtown. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Fairmont Olympic received its 25th consecutive AAA Five Diamond Award in 2009 and is listed on Condé Nast Traveler’s 2004-2008 Gold List. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, Otel, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Olympic Seattle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.