We came to New Orleans (4 days/3nights) to celebrate our 10th anniversary. This 1865 house is beautifully decorated and in a perfect location. You feel comfortable walking to the French Quarter during the day and only a $7-8 cab ride back at night. Glen (the Innkeeper) was very knowledgeable about places to visit and had excellent suggestions where to eat at local restaurants. We enjoyed every restaurant he recommended! We rented the Bride & Grooms room (at the front of the house, closer to the street). However, if you’re looking for a quieter environment, ask for a room more towards the rear of the home. The first night, we heard a lot of car traffic but were used to it by day two. Breakfast was excellent and huge portions. Bottles of water, sodas and snacks always available in the kitchen. All the staff was very friendly and made us feel like we were staying with old friends.
- Also Known As:
- Hh Whitney House On The Historic Esplanade Hotel
- Hh Whitney House On The Historic Esplanade Hotel New Orleans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Southern Hospitality and Old World Charm in this 1865 Italianate Beauty. Your hosts, Glen & Randy, have created a near-perfect oasis for you to enjoy while visiting the nearby French Quarter, Fairgrounds and City Park, all within easy walking distance. Rooms and suites feature queen beds, custom amenities, ceiling fans, hardwood floors, in-room safes, free Wi-Fi. Property features lush tropical garden with swimming pool and hot-tub. Full breakfast and complimentary off-street parking is provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your HH Whitney House on the Historic Esplanade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.