After a 4 night stay in Sri Lanka (Also beautiful), we spent the remainder 10 nights of our honeymoon on Kuramathi island! WOW!
We arrived by speed boat which was a surprising 90 minute transfer but a great way to see some of the neighbouring islands. When we arrived at the island we were blown away by the colour of the sea, the reception, cold towels and a lovely drink.
After a 10 minute chat with our Kuoni rep, we were off on the buggy to our Deluxe Beach Villa (no. 354). It was the penultimate villa beofre the quiet tip of the island. The villa was bigger than we expected with a huge 4 poster bed. The bathroom was more than adequate and we also had an outdoor shower (as well as an indoor one) which was useful for when we were covered in sand. The best bit was the view out of the back patio doors- AMAZING! The beach and the sea were right there, what a view. Would highly recommend this particular villa.
It was so quiet at this end of the island yet only a short walk to the reception, main restaurant and bar. The buggy stop was only a 3 minute walk and with buggies running every 10 minutes, it was so easy to get to the other bars & restaurants.
We upgraded to All Inclusive a la carte which was so worth the money. Such an amazing cocktail menu and so many named spirits to choose from. The resataurants were all outstanding. While the Thai was our least favourite, it was still really yummy food.
The best have to be the Palm (italian) for its superb Carpaccio and amazing tazmanian tenderloin steak. This was definitely on a par with the island BBQ for The flambe'd steak diane and then for afters the flambe'd crepes suzette. Out of 10 nights we did the italian 3 nights and the BBQ for 3 too. My husbands favourite lunchtime spot was the coffee shop. He swears by the steak sandwich.
The snorkelling was fantastic! I'm not a big sea swimmer but it is so clear and calm that its hard not to love it. My first encounter with a reef shark was beyond scary but i became to love them after 10 days. The fish are out of this world and you manage to see different fish in different parts of the island. The best spot is next to the Eco centre, plenty of reef and fish to see before it drops off.
I paid for my husband and i to have a couples massage out on the pavillion for his birthday. The only downfall to the spa is that the steam and sauna areas are single sex so we couldnt go in together. However the massage with hot stones is so relaxing and it was followed by a herbal bath with a bottle of fizz- Perfect!
Finally, the people! All the staff are so friendly and welcoming, they work 24/7 constantly keeping the island clean and tidy to make it the most wonderful place to stay. I only wish I could honeymoon there every year.
We left on a seaplane which was a far better journey to the airport and great to do at sunrise.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Island Hotel
- Kuramathi Village
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An emerald jewel in the turquoise Maldivian waters, Kuramathi is a stunning island retreat with acres of luxuriant vegetation surrounded by spectacular beaches tapering into an endless sandbank. Villas blend contemporary design and nature, and are set on the beach, amongst lush gardens or over water looking out to the vast Indian Ocean. With four built together, the Garden Villas are simple yet stylish providing for our most affordable Kuramathi experience. The Beach Villas are individual villas featuring four poster beds, wooden decks with daybeds and sunloungers. Sited near the sandbank, the Deluxe Beach Villas additionally feature baths. Located amongst lush gardens, the Beach Villas with Jacuzzi feature large outdoor decks with sunloungers and garden bathrooms. Round in shape, the Superior Beach Villas with Jacuzzi are contemporary in design with bedrooms that are spacious and minimalist in style. Set in the centre of the island facing the lagoon side, the Deluxe Beach Villas with Jacuzzi feature additional luxuries such as espresso machines and oversized garden bathrooms with inviting sala beds. The Water Villas are built on stilts over the turquoise lagoon, whilst the Water Villas with Jacuzzi are located close to the house reef and features a two-tiered sundeck complete with sunloungers, sun umbrella and outdoor Jacuzzi. The Honeymoon Pool Villas are one bedroom villas with a separate living area and an air-conditioned dining area. The villas are furnished with modern day luxuries, and feature oversized open air bathrooms with twin vanities, LED-lit shower, free standing baths and 10 metre lap pools.The main restaurants on the island serve breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets with live cooking stations. Six other à la carte restaurants offer diverse cuisines and the many bars offer refreshing cocktails and regular evening entertainment, including nights of karaoke, starlit discos or live music.A variety of water sports, diving for all levels and excursions are available. The house reef offers hours of adventurous snorkeling and for ultimate relaxation choose from the innovative therapies at our spa. Welcoming and friendly service, all inclusive packages, Bageecha kids club, sports centre, gym, swimming pools, medical centre with hyperbaric chamber, Eco Centre, boutiques, laundry, library, wi-fi internet are just some of the many facilities available to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.