Our first visit into the city of New York and have to say that staying here at this brilliant hotel made our vislt to this fabulous city all the more enjoyable. Quiet street in the best of locations. ALL the staff we met were superb, very polite and could not have been more helpful. Free internet 24 hrs a day, complimentary coffee and tea in the lounge area, free use of the gym and great complimentary hot breakfast, lots of seating outside on the patio area. We stayed here for 4 nights and could not have been more happy with our choice of hotel. Within walking distance of all the major attractions close to Macy's, Madisson Square Garden, Empire State building, (view from our bedroom window), Chrysler Building. Grand Central station, Times Square, and both the underground and Penn Station. Loads of places to eat nearby. We walked from the hotel to Central Park and to the other end of the island to the 9/11 memorial and Staten Island Ferry.
Twin and double rooms avaialble all with en suites which have baths and showers and complimentary toiletries available should you forget something, wi-fi in all rooms good quality beds and tv's.
We caught the airtrain from JFK airport to Jamaica, last stop on the airtrain at the airport and then the Long Island Rail Road train from Jamaica Hub to Penn Station about a 1/2 hr ride. Penn station is located 2 blocks from the hotel on 31st . So easy to access and very easy ride directly from the airport to the centre of the city. Cost $5 for the airtrain ticket, payable as you enter or exit the airtrain at Jamaica, and $6 for the LIRR train ride. We caught the underground from Penn Station on the E line back to Jamaica - Sutphin Boulevard $2.25 then airtrain $5 back to the airport, would recommend the LIRR train which was much quicker due to the stops on the subway, felt safe but was crowed on the underground.
Thanks to all at the hotel for making our stay so pleasant cannot recommend highly enough, we loved our stay in NYC.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Nyc - Madison Square Garden Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Nyc - Madison Square Garden Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn Express Nyc
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you for choosing the brand new Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden Area hotel located on West 29th Street between 7th and 8th Avenue right in the heart of Chelsea and Madison Square Garden Area. We include a complimentary hot and cold Express Start Breakfast to all guests of the hotel. Our hotel is a new 15 story high-rise hotel with amenities to include free high speed wired and wireless Internet access, free local calls, fitness center, rear garden terrace and a full business center. We are just ten short blocks from Times Square. Also within walking distance is Penn Station, the Empire State Building, Jacob Javits Convention Center, Fashion Institute of Technology, Theatre District, Macy's, mid-town and 5th Avenue shopping. Rockefeller Center is just one mile away! We are also centrally located to many fine restaurants, entertainment venues and some of the finest shopping the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express NYC - Madison Square Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.