I stayed in NYC for work and pleasure for six days at three hotels, the Intercontinental Times Square, the Hilton Times Square and the W Union Square. The intercontinental was the newest and had the best rate. It's a gorgeous hotel and near Times Square. Great service, nice staff. Hilton wasn't bad, but lobby was on a high floor, but had a large area for sitting, working and hanging out. Main entrance was under construction so one entered on 41st St. W Union Square was nice, but room not as much light as the other two and also didn't have as good views although it was in a great location. the W was normally more expensive, but I had a discount local rate through work. W's bar area is neat, but also sort of small. For the money at hotels normal rates, the Intercontinental was the best value.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental New York Times Square Hotel New York City
- Intercontinental New York Times Square Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening July 2010, InterContinental New York hotel ~ a new landmark in Times Square, stands 36 stories offering panoramic views of Manhattan's skyline, Hudson River and Broadway. At 44th Street and Eighth Avenue, it’s convenient to 39 theatres in the Broadway Theater District. Enjoy the onsite French inspired brasserie, from Celebrity Chef Todd English. The InterContinental New York is the place to meet with more than 10,000 square-feet of flexible New York meeting & event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental New York Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.