Our stay was just a short 3 nights this past weekend, but what a wonderful three nights. We checked in on Thursday night, but before we arrived, we were contacted by the hotel and asked if there was a special occasion or reason for our stay. We let them know that we were getting married on the 30th and this stay was a mini-honeymoon for us. All we really wanted was peace, quiet, privacy, and the opportunity to take in the awesome views. My husband is from NYC and I've lived here for years, but our love for the skyline never fades. Thus, although we live in NYC, we wanted a taste of what REALLY living it up in NYC would be like for our special weekend.
When our taxi pulled up to the front, Angel the doorman opened my door with a huge smile and warm welcome. He helped me out of the cab (which I needed since I'm 5 months pregnant) and assisted us with out bags. The woman at the front desk also greeted us with a smile and had us checked in within minutes. They offered us warm towellettes to refresh our hands--we declined, but I thought it was a nice way to start the stay.
Our room was located on the 37th floor on the south-east corner of the building. It was exactly what I wanted. There was a clear view toward the WTC/Freedom Towers site, the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges, and the Hudson River as well. From our bathroom, I could see Uptown to the Chrysler and Empire State Buildings. At night, the city sparkled. I loved it.
I actually enjoyed the curtain and lighting set ups. I didn't find it complicated at all, and I thought it was nice to have the option to open/close/light the room by using the controls located around the room (a master panel upon entry next to the door, controls on the tv remote, and controls also next to the bed).
I had read in some reviews that some rooms had bathrooms where there was no door for privacy--we had a door, so thankfully there were no awkward moments. I had also read reviews that people had issues hearing other guests' conversations through the walls. We had no problem with this either. Our floor was pretty quiet, although we could hear the occasional door close (which is to be expected). Because of our corner location, foot traffic noise was also at a minimum. Although, I was so worried that we were loud and others could hear us that I kept shushing my husband (luckily he found this amusing and not annoying).
The bed and pillows were like clouds that you could sink into. Not gonna lie, I totally devoured the little chocolates and truffles they placed in the room (I swear, it's the baby). The bathrobes were so soft, I fell asleep in mine a couple of times. I enjoyed the rain shower and bath products they provided. Our bathtub appeared thoroughly cleaned and without any weird grime, so I took a bath and stared out the window on our last night. It was fantastic. We may have gotten lucky with the elevators because we never ended up waiting too long. Any time the staff entered the elevators they were quick with a greeting and wished us a good day or evening.
Since we are more familiar with the city, we didn't have a problem finding good restaurants or shops nearby. If you walk down Spring St, you're going to run into more than enough options. West Broadway and Thompson will also lead you to many things. The concierge was of great assistance to us in other matters, but I'm guessing if I had asked him or her about the area, I would have gotten great recommendations.
I basically got everything I was looking for in my stay--breathtaking views, wonderful service, and a memorable wedding weekend. It wasn't just couples staying here either, I saw a lot of families, businessmen, and other groups seeming to enjoy the hotel as well. I would come back again in a heartbeat!
- Also Known As:
- Trump Soho New York Hotel
- Trump Soho New York Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adding distinction to the skyline, Trump SoHo® New York brings a new perspective of Manhattan from its 391 guest rooms, providing unparalleled views of the city from floor-to-ceiling windows in the deluxe and premiere rooms and suites. The Spa at Trump® features New York's only luxury hammam experience, relaxation rooms and fitness center. Trump SoHo is pleased to welcome the new signature restaurant Koi SoHo, featuring an imaginative menu of contemporary Japanese cuisine. Plan your business or social gathering in one of the hotel's exclusive meeting and event spaces. Unwind over cocktails in The Library or retreat to the seasonal Bar d'Eau with its outdoor pool deck. Possessing one of the city’s most coveted locations where SoHo meets Tribeca and the West Village with celebrated art galleries, restaurants, shopping and nightlife, Trump SoHo New York is downtown like you’ve never experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Agoda, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Trump SoHo New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.