The lobby was nice and the hotel room was nicely decorated, but not very spacious. The front desk staff were not very courteous. That was disappointing, considering this is supposed to be a fancy hotel with a lot of hype. Also, I had called the day after I checked out because I thought I forgot something in the room, and I kept getting told to call back later in the day. When I finally called again, they transferred me to security and on one answered. Again, I was disappointed with the service.
It was about a 10 minute walk to the Herald Square subway station, so at least that part was convenient.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Park Avenue Hotel New York City
- Gansevoort Park Avenue Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gansevoort Park Avenue offers 249 luxury rooms and remarkable suites, most with lofty ceilings, Juliet balconies, and five fixture bathrooms. The three-story atrium lobby showcases striking herringbone granite floors, an oversized fireplace, and dramatic aubergine chandeliers. There is a signature rooftop pool for sunbathing and city-escape daydreaming and a bi-level rooftop bar + lounge wonderland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Amex, Olotels, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.