The best part was the view from the deck. However, everything else was average/mediocre or just terrible. The room was OK although it would be nice with blinds. The bathroom was quite 1970s. It smelled moldy, the tub was cracked, and amenities just barely acceptable (shampoo taken from other hotels). The food was OK but certainly nothing special and not B&B standard. The worst was the owners. They were impossible to get a hold of to make the reservation in the first place. They did not have any information about the area (as typical for B&Bs) and they charged us the wrong price (which they corrected). The website contains minimal information and did not include the key information that there are two streets in town that have nearly identical names (so we went to the wrong street). Finally, they became enraged when we did not keep their dog inside despite the fact that they had not mentioned that they had a dog or what the rules are regarding their dog (they became so mad that they made move our cars cars from their parking lot where they had said they could stay while we were in town). Overall, not worth the money and the dog/move your cars episode was a very unpleasant end to our stay there.
- Also Known As:
- The Ledge House And Canal House Cottage
- The Ledge House & Canal House Cottage Hotel
- The Ledge House & Canal House Cottage Hotel Harpers Ferry
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy incredible views of the famous Harpers Ferry Gap from our balconies and decks. Spacious suites with private bathrooms, king sized beds, sitting rooms, and cable. Fire place in the common area. The Ledge House is in Harpers Ferry National Historic Park. Hike the Appalachian Trail, Bike the C&O Canal, Raft the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. Taste wine country. Inquire about Vacation rentals and short-term rentals. Government per diem honored. ... more less