We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental for a 2 night business trip. The king bedded room had wonderful corner views with large windows overlooking the city and Bay. However, given that the charge for the room was $815 plus taxes per night, it was neither large, nor elaborately furnished. The decor was spare and dull. However, the bed linens were of beautiful quality and the bed very comfortable.
Our biggest complaint was the bathroom which had only 1 sink (for the money it was skimpy, especially as I was traveling with my husband) and all the towels were scratchy and threadbare. In fact, one of the bath towels had a hole--definitely not the quality of towels at equivalent luxury hotels or worthy of the Mandarin Oriental standards.
The staff was gracious and accommodating, however, given a choice, next time we will stay at the St. Regis or one of the many other 5 star hotels in the city.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Mandarin Oriental San Francisco
- Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin San Francisco
- San Francisco Mandarin
- San Francisco Mandarin Oriental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Towering high above the breathtaking skyline, Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco has earned acclaim for its breathtaking views and its renowned service in one of the worlds most alluring cities. With the new lobby, signature bar and restaurant, and guest rooms now open, our hotel has transformed itself to become the city's most striking and sophisticated hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Olotels, Tablet Hotels, Mandarin Oriental, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.