This Westin is right in the middle of everything I need access to in SF: Market St (duh!), convention center, Embarcadero (walking distance) and even a Whole Foods. It's a bustling business hotel and I found the hotel clerk to be extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were adequate (for a big city hotel) but not huge. However, I was on a very high floor, and with floor-to-ceiling windows, the view was spectacular.
My one disappointment is that because of a change in plans, I needed to cancl my last night and at check-in, asked if the reservation could be changed to the Westin at SFO. Although there was no penalty to do so, she said that "the systems were not linked" and I would have to make the change myself. As a consolation, she said, airport hotels are usually much cheaper. Unfortunately, after many tries to get through to the Westin SFO, the rate rate was actually about $100 MORE than I was paying ($379 vs $279). I ended up staying at the Hilton SFO which boasted a huge room for $179 instead. It pays to shop around.
- Also Known As:
- Westin San Francisco Market Street Hotel San Francisco
- Westin San Francisco Market Street Hotel
- Westin San Francisco
- San Francisco Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin San Francisco Market Center offers superior style, comfort, superb amenities, and floor-to-ceiling windows boasting breath-taking views. Enjoy easy access to downtown, SOMA, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, BookIt.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Amex, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Westin San Francisco Market Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.