I booked a block of rooms at this property for a youth sports event in Wisconsin Dells. The girls wanted to go to Mt Olympus so I went through them and ended up booking rooms at Santorini Village. I knew going in that the property was not on-site and along the river. The view was very good! What they didn't tell us initially was that there is NO staff at the Santorini Village except cleaning staff in the morning. The rooms are run down and in poor condition and the exterior looks institutional. Everyone who stayed felt like they had a "bat and switch" pulled on them. Also, you have to check in at the Hotel Rome, next to the waterpark, and then go on to your room at Santorini which is about a mile or so away. Very inconvenient.
I would not recommend this hotel for anyone, mostly because for the price they charged you can stay at better accommodations for less money and still receive waterpark passes. We had other teams stay for the same tournament and they stayed at Super 8, Comfort Inn and Best Western and all received waterpark passes and paid between $70 - $85 per night. Santorini Village was $99 per night.
I stay at budget hotels all the time (Days Inn, Super 8, Motel 6) so I don't have a problem with older hotels and less than stellar accommodations so a little wear doesn't scare me. But I draw the line at paying more for less.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Rome
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 1 Indoor Go-Kart Track, 1 Indoor Roller Coaster, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.