I spent about 5 days here in March 2012, at a quilting retreat. I was in the Country Inn part (Guadalupe? wing). The room was OK, but tired and the a/c was VERY noisy. Even after turning my a/c off, I could still hear the a/cs in the rooms surrounding me and had to wear ear plugs every night. I'm not sure why people had their a/cs on as the weather was really pleasant.
The free WiFi took some fiddling with settings etc. to get working and while the desk staff were helpful, I had to find out how to get it working myself (it worked for my phone but not my laptop; see here for details on how to get it working: http://cybertext.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/more-internet-woes-and-solutions/)
The function rooms we used were great, especially the one upstairs over the dining room -- it had excellent lighting, and was big enough for our subgroup. Tea, coffee, water, ice and fresh fruit were available outside the function room at all times.
The food we had for our group of about 60 was great. We had lots of choices and everything was pretty much separate, which meant you could have dressing or not on your salad, sauce or not on your meat, etc. There was plenty of food and it was tasty and healthy. We had a package that included three meals a day.
We were in a group deal so I'm not sure what the room/food component was, but considering I paid $80 to $110 for some very nice hotels (Hyatts etc.) on the rest of my trip, I hope that their prices were much less to reflect the ordinariness of the rooms.
I think 'resort' might be a little over the top for this place. It was OK, but not what I would expect from a 'resort'. And while we were there, a large group of kids arrived for some sort of Church camp. The staff were good about staggering the meal sittings so we were rarely in the dining room at the same time, but I was surprised by the presence of all these campers.
- Also Known As:
- t Bar m Hotel New Braunfels
- t Bar m Hotel
- T Bar M Resort New Braunfels, Texas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has a total of 74 Country Inn Hotel rooms, 6 cottages, 10 two bedroom villas, 2 three bedroom villas, and 1 four bedroom villa. The hotel consists of 34 rooms with two double beds, 34 rooms with two queen beds, and 6 rooms with one king bed. To compliment the hotel, the 6 cottages all have one queen bed and a private porch for relaxing on your own set of rocking chairs. The villas are steps away from the hotel; each villa has it’s own unique layout bedding wise; each has a dining room, and fully equipped kitchen. All of our hotel rooms have free wi-fi, iPod/iPhone docking stations or MP3 players, hair dryer, vanity mirrors, four cup coffee pot with Starbucks coffee, ironing boards with irons, cable television, free local and room to room calls, mini-refrigerators, and combination safes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your T Bar M Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.