Me, my boyfriend and another couple just got back from Dream Tulum and I dont think I could be any happier with my whole experience. Like others said, days and weeks before I left for dreams the reviews were not looking too good and I was getting a little nervous but there is nothing to be nervous about. I can understand some people have horrible experiences but I had the most amazing time!
ROOM: UPGRADE, UPGRADE, UPGRADE! If you book a basic garden room you will want to upgrade. the resort is so big that having those rooms is a far walk to anything going on in the resort! Our upgrade to a beautiful ocean view room was $50 a night! We are so happy we did it and loved where we were at. I could yell down to the pool bar when my boyfriend was still drinking taking forever to come up and get ready for dinner!
POOL BAR: Speaking of my boyfriend spending open to close at the pool bar.. GILBERTO. Gilberto is the pool bar bartender and her was awesome! He was also making small talk and teaching my man some spanish words! He made amazing drinks especially his Mojito! YUMMY. We Love Gilberto!
FOOD: Was AMAZING! We were so suprised how good the food was here. Being an all inclusive I was not expecting that good of food! We tried all but the french resturant. The sushi was so good and the Asian resturant was beyond anything I expected. The Italian was up there too. I had not one bad meal there! The desserts were not that great but I dont know about you, Id rather my meal be amazing and my dessert so so. The grill right by the pool has great burgers and you can make your own mini pizza. Also the coco cafe is great for that coffee pick me up!
ENTERTAINMENT: Awesome entertainment staff! There was always something to do in the pool and on the beach. They had pool and beach volleyball, tequila tasting (additional charge of 10 per person), Towel animal folding, jousting, lots of things to do during the day! The night shows were always going on! We only made it to one (because of Gilberto and his Mojitos) but we could hear the action from our room. The one we did see was a magic show with Bob who was awesome! We even got pulled on stage! There was american idol after the magic show which was so fun to watch!
We did do the Tulum extreme tour which was awesome! Our first guide Ulesses brought up zip lining and repeling and that was awesome! After that we went into the cenotes which are underwater caves were we went snorkeling. After that Sergio brought us to the Tulum ruins and we had a history lesson on those. This whole tour was well worth the money and such a fun experience!
We would recommend anyone to this resort. It is so beautiful and it is such a relaxing and fun time. Do not let the bad reviews scare you! Everyone is welcoming and you get a hola when you pass anyone on that resort! We love dreams tulum!
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Tulum
- Dreams Tulum Hotel
- Dreams Tulum Resort Spa
- Dreams Tulum Resort
- Dreams Tulum Riviera Maya
- Dreams Resort Tulum
- Dreams Tulum Mexico
- Sunscape Tulum
- Dreams Resort Spa Tulum
- Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated by Aug 2013, Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa is located on one of the most unique beaches in the Riviera Maya surrounded by lush tropical acres, sugary white sand and magnificent colonial architecture. Just five minutes from Tulum and 30 minutes from Playa del Carmen, Dreams Tulum offers Unlimited-Luxury® with upscale surroundings and combines fun and relaxation with the ancient world of the Maya. Dreams Tulum sits on two miles of powdery white sand with activities to make the whole family happy. And you’re right on the ocean for snorkeling, catamarans, windsurfing, kayaking and jumping on our ocean trampoline. Choose from magnificent dining options featuring eight gourmet, à la carte and one buffet-style restaurant. Dine at the Seaside Grill, an à la carte steak house, enjoy French cuisine in a romantic setting at Bordeaux or visit El Patio for Mexican fare. Six bars, including pool and beachside, are perfect places to make new friends, or just catch up with each other. Perfect your swing at nearby Riviera Maya Golf Club offering complimentary greens fees ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.