Husband and I stayed for one night (Feb.27-28, 2012) for just one night. Wanted to be closer to Bolivia for a job interview on the 28th. Greeted warmly, front desk staff helpful. Fairly clean. Got into room to discover only a dorm size fridge and tiny microwave oven. Bed is made with an older blanket and duvet on top, not as clean as we expected. Extra blanket was cheap ("velour" type) and worn. Bed is within a foot of the loud heat/ac unit under window. So you get the cold drafts from the window (not sealed well) and the loud heat when it kicks on, all through the night. Also interfered with watching TV. Whenever the heat came on, we had to up the volume high and be sure to turn it back down when the heater fell silent again. Bathroom shower had spigot coming off wall, thick layer of caulk, not working. Takes a long time to get the hot water to start coming into the lavatory and tub/shower, then it quickly goes to 'scalding'. They need some kind of tempering valves or something. Also a boost for quicker delivery of hot water. Water pressure good. Bottles of shampoo/conditioner very small, needed more. Soap was also a sliver of the thickness we're used to in other hotels. No caulk around stem for shower control, so water is seeping behind and will eventually cause damage and leaking into ceiling below. Indoor pool water was cloudy, did not appear up to required standards of ph/chlorine. I used the excersise facility. Nice treadmills, stationary/recline bike and elliptical but none of the controls were easy to decipher and no instructions with them. Couldn't tell how to manually put in sex, weight, to calculate heart rate, etc. But it was good nonetheles. Also a tv with remote. I was the only one in there so it was great. Room is a "suite", but not very spacious or private. No separation from what would be the "kitchen", "guest" area and larger bed at end of room. Only cheap, plastic cups. We wanted a couple mixed drinks in the room, so I went to the lobby to ask if they had "glass" glasses. I was told even for breakfast these are not available. Breakfast in the morning was not very good. Some bananas, oranges, bread, bagels, a make your own waffle iron, juices, coffee, boiled eggs, cold cereal and yogurt. The "hot" bar consisted of heated from frozen breakfast "burritos", some very stale looking scrambled "eggs" and microwaved bacon. We drove across the street to a McDonald's for a much better, fresh-tasting breakfast.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Magnolia Greens Hotel
- Comfort Suites Magnolia Greens Hotel Leland
- Comfort Suites Leland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our all suite property is well appointed with custom designed décor and comes with amenities such as complimentary continental breakfast, wireless internet, heated saline indoor pool with outdoor patio, well equipped fitness room, lobby business library and pantry.We understand the need for spacious and comfortable rooms so we have gone to great lengths to give you what you desire. We have expanded the ceiling heights in all rooms creating an open feel. In addition, we have widened the king rooms and incorporated all queen size beds in our double rooms to give you the additional room and comfort you deserve.All of our suites come equipped with 37” LG flat screen televisions, wireless internet, sleeper sofa, ergonomically correct chair and work desk, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, luggage rack and much more. Exercise and Refresh your spirit anytime of the day by using our 24 hour fitness center or our indoor heated salt water pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Leland-Wilmington Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.