Overall I think this place is very safe and the kids can walk around and do things on their own.
I hated all the sign ups. You have to stand on lines for like 1 hour to sign up for everything.
My biggest complaint is the horse back riding. There is not instruction/direction given by staff. They tell you the sign up time is 3-5 but then you wait on line until they come out to the sign up area around 3:15-3:30. I waited on line to sign up for the Jr. Wranglers and they tell you to be at the stables at 10 the following morning.
When you go to the stables you have to search for someone who works there, they don't have anyone there to let you know where to go. When we finally found someone we asked about the Wrangers program and they tell you after the trail ride leaves at 10:15 they start, but they fail to mention they have to do all the pony rides first (25-30 people waiting for the pony rides). Needless to say by 11:00 they still had about 25 people doing pony rides. Now for the pony rides, as we were sitting there and after the trail ride leaves there were 3 staff playing with the horses moving them around the corral. After that 2 of the staff get on their horses and go down the trail which leaves on 1 girl to do the pony rides.
Overall there was alot for my kids (9 & 6) but they are young, it's alot of 70's activities. The food was really not that good, although for my kids the snack bar was good for my older daughter (who went all the time for burgers and fries).
When I was at the front desk there were people complainging and the staff weren't concered at all and definitely were not going to try and accomidate their concerns.
I also have to say my kids were again and again ignored by staff at the front desk and restaurant. My daughter went up to the front desk to ask for ping pong paddles and ball (I was sitting in the lobby watching her) and when she was taking I figued there was no one at the desk but when I walked up there were 3 people there and helped me immediately (my daughter said they were looking at her but would not help her) and in the restaurant I told my kids to wait for a table (so I could throw something in my car) and when I came back my girls said everyone ignored them.
Lets put it this way - would I go back - NO WAY!
- Also Known As:
- Pinegrove Ranch & Family Hotel Kerhonkson
- Pinegrove Ranch And Family Resort
- Pinegrove Ranch & Family Hotel
- Pinegrove Ranch Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Dude Ranch. Packages include Room, Meals, Activities & Entertainment. Choice from Restaurants plus a Food Court for lunch and Free Snack Bar from 11am to 11pm. Horseback Riding, Hayrides, Indoor & Outdoor Pools with Doubleflume Waterslides, Kids Playground, Bouncing Pillow, Mini-Golf & More. Family Fun at Afforable Rates! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.