For a very long time I had been looking for a hotel in Seminyak that had a kids club. I heard about the Semara before it was finished and couldn't wait to stay there. I had read the reviews on here and knew what to expect. We had an Executive Suite for 2 adults and one child (5 years old) which we found spacious. The outdoor room with daybed and table and chairs was fantastic and gave me somewhere to watch the sky if I ever got bored.
The service from the staff from the moment we arrived was spot on. Welcome drinks and cold towels were very welcome after a 7-hour flight. We had complimentary massages and two hours daily at the kids club as part of our deal.
We ate at The Deck on the first night and found the food and drinks nice. Nasi Goreng and Cocktails were the order. It must be hard to compete with the plethora of restaurants nearby but they do and they have great service and fresh tasty food. The Deck is great for an easy meal. This is also where breakfast is served which brings me to my only complaint about the Semara and that is the music at breakfast and by the pool. At 7.00am I don't want to hear classic hits and I don't want to hear Eric Clapton's 'Tears in Heaven" which made me depressed every time I heard it. Try a Spa/Chill out cd in the morning or nothing would be even better and some Lounge music by the pool. It would suit the audience a little better.
Breakfast was bountiful and they even had Gluten Free bread that gives The Semara top marks in my book, I also loved the Asian breakfast and started most days with the friend rice and pickled vegetables and chillis.
The Kids Club is very, very good. Before we went I didn't think I would leave the property while my daughter was at the kids club but I quickly trusted them and felt comfortable leaving to go out and she loved every second she spent there. There were lots of kids of all ages and loads of things for them to do. My daughter made a friend on the second day and they spent their holiday together, which was great as she is an only child.
The Spa is beautiful and they do lovely treatments and great massages. I would go to the Spa even if I weren’t staying at the hotel. The Gym is modern, clean and well patronised.
The daily yoga at the Pavillion at the back was restful and set you up for a great day. The instructor was very skilled at changing his class to suit the audience. Try it!
The pool area is great with spaces for all. We always had a lounge. Yes the kids can be a little noisy, as kids are in a pool, but there is another pool in the 'Tranquil Area' for people that want total peace.
If you have kids and want out of Kuta and Legian, this is your place. Smack bang in the middle of all the restaurants and shops, we found The Semara great for a relaxing, stylish holiday with the family.
This hotel would be perfect if it was on the beach or even had beach access. Perhaps the owner could start negotiating with the neighbours?
- Also Known As:
- Semara Resort And Spa Seminyak
- Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak Hotel
- Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Semara Resort and Spa, is perfectly located in the heart of Seminyak and only a short walk to the beach. You will find us conveniently situated between W Resort and Spa and Ku De Ta. Our luxury boutique resort is set amongst superbly landscaped tropical gardens where one can take in the ambiance from their own private balcony or enjoy a cocktail or sumptuous tasty treat by the pool. At Semara, we place particular emphasis on spa treatments & wellness activities such as yoga and aqua aerobics and for those traveling with children, we will be offer the island's best kids club experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, AsiaRooms and Otel so you can book your Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.