The Westin Causarina in Las Vegas has an off-the-strip location on Flamingo Road. This means that it is about a ten minute walk (through Bally's) to the chaos and action on Las Vegas Blvd. If you are in town to experience that action, after day two that walk will be a bit weary for you. But $10-$12 in a taxi will get you back.
For business travellers the Westin is a good choice. The smaller lobby means that the walk from check-in to elevator is minimal. The walk from the parking lot to lobby is not long. Frequent stay guests enjoy their own check-in station.
A recent stay had us accommodated on the 17th SPG level. The view was lacklustre, and the so called upgraded rooms were just average. A bed, a desk, a chair and a small table. The decor is starting to look a bit worn. The lighting in the entrance hall by the closet was abysmal, making use of the full length mirror there useless if the bathroom door was closed. Points though for really good black-out curtains in the room. Extra points for all the rooms being non-smoking. The walls are thin, and not only could we hear the shower running next door, we could also hear our neighbour coughing.
The lobby restaurant provides a decent buffet breakfast with the basics. Fruit, juice, coffee, cereal, pastries, eggs, bacon, potatoes and ham. Nothing fancy, but a relaxed setting with really good service from the wait staff. A Starbucks in the lobby gives you fast options if you are on the run. The lobby also has a small casino.
If you are in town for business, and want a time-out from the "madding crowds", then the Westin is a good option. If you are in Las Vegas for the action, then this is not the Hotel or location for you. Take a pass on spg points collection, and stay on the strip, you will not regret that choice.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino And Spa
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel
- Westin Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Westin
- Westin Casuarina Las Vegas
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa is located just one block away from The Strip, Forum Shops, The Linq and Miracle Mile Mall. Our hotel is also just minutes away from the Las Vegas Convention Center, Sands Expo and UNLV campus and 5 miles from McCarran International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Amex, Starwood, Booking.com, Travelocity, PointsHound, Olotels, Otel, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.