The Bastide des Oliviers is a nice house with 4 guests bedrooms.
Prices ranges from 75 to 115 Euros. The house is well decorated and kept clean. It has pleasant view on the village and of the country side. Also the granny jam served at breakfast are very good.
Unfortunatly, all of the above positive points were broken by the following:
- a strong toilet smell was in the bedroom when we came back from our gourmet restaurant. The smell wasn't there when we were showed the bedroom upon our arrival. The landloard assured us that this was a first and would call a plomber the very next day. (Still you would expect a partial refund for such a disturbance but we had to pay full price).
- You are supposed to arrive after 4pm and leave in the morning no later than 11am. You really feel like you are welcome for bed time and breakfast only.
- There is a swiming pool (tiny) and a garden, but as a guest, you can only enjoy them from 5pm to 7pm, no other time.
- The common part of the house are considered private as soon as you receive the key of your bedroom. Therefore do not expect a chat with the landlord in the nice leaving room or kitchen, you are not allowed.
- The fact that the rest of the house is considered private means that you cannot go directly from your bedroom to your car. Even worste you have to go outside the property to reach the car. This means getting out of your room then out of the house (remember: not through the common part, use the second entrance !) The second entrance leads you to a path outside the property, not the garden of the house. From this path (by the way, there is no light at night and its not thoroughly paved) you reach the gate of the house, get in, reach your car and then.... well do this little walk reverse. No chance that you forget something else.
- Also the room is not equiped with TV.
- Also I had agreed over the phone on a price of 95 Euros (breakfast included). When I received the bill, it showed 97 Euros : there were 2 Euros extra for "taxe de sejour" !! You would think that the price agreed is the price to pay, but no there is a little extra.
- Last dissapointement but not the least: we found a bug in the room as we were packing. A little scorpion !