1. Great location close to the ferry terminal on Lido and a 10 minute walk to Lido beach
2. Very nice rooms with some pretty cool decor
3. Very friendly and helpful staff
4. Great price (lowest price we could find in the Venice area)
5. Good breakfast, included with the room
6. Easy walking distance to restaurants, bars and gelatarios
7. Fast internet access
8. Easy access to Venice by boat
1. Wifi access does not extend to the rooms; you have to be in the lobby or near the elevator
We stayed for just one night in Lido when visiting Venice. We flew into Marco Polo airport and took the Alilaguna water taxi from the airport which dropped us off at the ferry terminal - about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel website has good directions from the ferry terminal and Lido island is not complicated to navigate which means finding the hotel is straightforward. The staff is communicative via email and phone as well.
We stayed in a double bed and the room and the bathroom were very clean. There was A/C in the room (a big plus, Venice was warm and humid even in mid September) and very interesting decor/paint color in the rooms. The internet as stated before is fast, but wifi does not extend to all the rooms, at least not to the 2nd floor where we were staying; you have to be in lobby for wifi access to work properly. There are restaurants, bars and gelatarios (open at least till midnight) within easy walking distance so you can grab a bite to eat if your flight lands late at night like ours did. Breakfast is good (cereal, boiled eggs, meats, fruit juice) and is served starting early morning in the hotel.
Lido beach is very close (worth visiting) and car parking is also available (we did not use it). The major drawback of course is that this is Lido, not Venice itself so it takes some time (45 minutes or so) to get to the city by water taxi. Water taxis are also spendy per trip, so that would be something to keep in mind if you are planning to commute back and forth from the city. We checked in the night before, checked out in the morning, dropped our luggage off in Venice train station (direct water taxi from the Lido ferry terminal), did Venice in the morning and afternoon and left Venice in the evening by train.
- Also Known As:
- Atlanta Augustus Hotel Venice
- Atlanta Augustus Hotel
- Atlanta Augustus Malcesine
- Atlanta Augustus Hotel Malcesine
- Atlanta Augustus Province Of Venice/Lido Di Venezia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Atlanta Augustus is a historical Art Nouveau villa built in the early-twentieth century. It has thirty rooms as well as seven among Family Suites and Junior Suites, all fully renovated in recent years. The hotel is located in the residential quarter of Venice Lido, the island facing St. Mark’s square, which is reached in 10 minutes, day and night, by public waterbus (lines 1, 2, and 5.1) with departures every 5 minutes. The hotel is easily reached by car on ferry-boat (departures every 50 minutes from Tronchetto-Piazzale Roma, cost of return ticket 25/40 Euros). All rooms are furnished with care and attention and have air-con, mini-bar, T.V. sat, telephone, Wi-Fi Internet access; some of the rooms, including the Junior Suites, are provided with Jacuzzi bathtub. All this for you to enjoy the most pleasant and unforgettable of sojourns in Venice! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Atlanta Augustus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.