I've stayed at Henderson Village Country Resort three times now, most recently last month. I've stayed twice in the Wynne House (room 5 and room 6) and once in a tenant cottage (cottage 9). The rooms all have working gas fireplaces (although these are turned off during the summer months), ceiling fans and all the modern sparkling clean amenities you can want in a genuine southern home setting. There is complimentary ice & water waiting in the rooms on check-in, the staff is super friendly. The grounds are gorgeous. The Wynne House's wrap around porch with the rocking chairs & porch swing is perfect for sitting out late at night and visiting with family & friends before turning in for the night or just looking at the stars.
The staff explains that the slight old house musty smell is inevitable in historic homes but I didn't notice it. There was no mildew smell which is what I dread when I'm staying in a B&B, but if the old house mustiness is something that bothers you, then the tenant cottages are the answer.
The restaurant is fabulous! The room rate includes a wonderful full complementary southern style breakfast (eggs, grits, oj, coffee, a variety of breads, sausage,bacon or ham). I've eaten dinner in the restaurant numerous times now and I love the dining room which is like an old southern style porch but much larger & glassed in. Other dining rooms are also available and appear charming. The food & service is fantastic. The wine list could be improved, but really it is perfectly acceptable.
As far as the location is concerned, I consider it to be fabulous as I have tons of family living in this rural part of Georgia. I don't like imposing on my family when I choose to come visit and also I like to have a place where I can play "host" so the location is perfect for me. The location is also great if you're travelling through GA on I-75 and you don't want to overnight in an Interstate hotel. And it's great if you want to buy some really great freshly picked peaches in nearby Peach Country in July & August. What else? I don't know. They have conference facilities (that I have not inspected) and the grounds & restaurant must make it a great wedding venue. Macon is only 20 minutes away by interstate and other GA tourist attractions are relatively nearby.
- Also Known As:
- Henderson Village Country Hotel Perry
- Henderson Village Country Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Henderson Village is a collection of 19th century homes and cottages situated in the heart of Central Georgia and located at what was once a thriving stagecoach intersection and home to many wealthy planters in the rural South. The century old dwellings with sprawling verandas recall the beauty and romance of the Old South. With elegant guest rooms along with five suites, fine Southern cuisine, lush Gamelands and picturesque gardens, your time with us will be unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Henderson Village Country Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.