My best friend and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn on Jekyll Island for 3 nights. I had picked the hotel based on the excellent ratings on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and in one of the best locations on the island in my opinion. It was right across from the inner island bike trail which was a 10 minute ride to the historic district. A beautifully landscaped (and amazingly lit at night) boardwalk takes you through the trees to a pristine beach that had no more than 10 people on the whole stretch when we were there. The pool area was also beautiful with a full pool and hot tub as well as a fire pit, all open to 10 pm. We had brought a dog which led to the only problem we had. While I said we had a dog when we checked in, the woman at the desk forgot and put us on a floor that apparently no dogs were allowed. Later after complaints were received, we were told we needed to change rooms and they somewhat reluctantly agreed we did not have to move that night but that the dog could not be left alone for the rest of the trip. Luckily we were able to leave the dog at a friend's house in nearby Brunswick and we were able to keep our 4th floor room. So if you are bringing a dog, make sure to be very, very clear about it and be warned you will get the somewhat less private first floor and may be told you cannot leave the dog at all during your stay.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island Hotel Jekyll Island
- Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Jekyll Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's tempting to spend your days at the Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island on the unspoiled beaches that line the perimeter of the tiny island paradise. However, don't miss out on learning more about the colorful story of the Jekyll Island Club on a guided tour of the history-rich mansion-size cottages that have drawn visitors to this locale for more than a century. Once a retreat for America's elite families, you can add your name to the likes of the Rockefellers, Carnegies and Morgans and join the friendly team at our hotel on Jekyll Island for a truly unique American experience. Don't forget your golf clubs. Jekyll Island isn't considered Georgia's premier golf destination for nothing. Pine Lakes Golf Course features "family-friendly" tee boxes for truly evenly-matched play. Indian Mound sprawls through some of the island's most scenic landscape and the local favorite, Oleander, follows Jekyll Island's inland lakes and pine forests, creating challenging holes and rewarding views. The history, the beaches, the golf - you'll find a golden getaway on Georgia's Golden Isle. Our hotel features Lobby Bar, Extended Pool Terrace with Kids Pool, Zero Entry Main Pool, and on deck fire pit; Bike Rentals are available on site. Take a 100yd stroll thru the Maritime Forrest and discover Jekyll Island's beautiful South Beach area. For weddings, reunions or family vacations, we have what you need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.