This was our 3rd trip here(1st 2 property was a Marriott) and I have to say this is by far the WORST hotel experience EVER!!!!
Upon getting our luggage, we were told by the bellman the hotel was only at 25% capacity. Apparently, the 25% that were there didn't deserve the same services as a 100% capacity hotel!
Our room wasn't cleaned 2 of the 5 days, we had to track down a housekeeper to empty our own trash and get our own towels, as well as toilet paper. The days it was cleaned, it wasn't done correctly(no coffee or cups, etc.). Pool towels were not available the 1st 2 days and we had to race around trying to find them before we missed the shuttle to Shell Island. The safe didn't work from day 1 and it took multiple calls and 2 days to get it fixed. At one point, someone showed up at 9:23PM to work on it!!!
We requested our sheets to be replaced(I placed the "Please change sheets" card on the bed) on Wed, they were not. I left the card again on Thurs, they changed the flat sheet and the pillow cases, but NOT the fitted sheet! I called the front desk and informed them of this and they apologized and did send someone up to change them and the comforter while we were out to dinner.
At this point, I asked to have a manager contact me because frankly, enough is enough. We are not the type of people that complain usually, but this level of incompetence is ridiculous! They offered me a free breakfast at the Kingfish and told me to charge it to our room and she would take it off, but based on the level of incompetence we had experienced, there was NO way we were going to get charged for that. AND receiving something free because I wasn't receiving the level of service we should have anyway, is not what we were looking for. We simply wanted our room serviced daily and correctly(and it wasn't ever serviced before 3pm! We wanted pool towels available, like they should have been and a safe that functioned correctly. I do not feel that is too much to ask for.
On Friday morning, I spoke to the housekeeping manager, Elsie or Elsa. She seemed shocked that we were having these issues, apologized, and informed me that "she knew who the housekeeper was and she would be dealt with and a change would be made." As the conversation progressed, I realized she meant someone would be fired. I stated that surely these were "trainable offenses" and she told me that they had been "over it and over it and she couldn't train them!" In my opinion, that is NOT a professional thing to say to a customer. You would think after speaking to the Housekeeping Manager, that our room would at least get serviced that day...well...it DIDN'T! Then, at 6pm that night, after once again having to empty our trash, get towels and toilet paper, a lady with a clipboard was checking rooms and asked us if we got our room serviced and I said no. She asked us if we wanted it serviced when we went to dinner and I said yes. What a silly question!!!! Then, she asked me if we had ever had our "Do Not Disturd" sign on and I told her "No, we NEVER put that on our door our entire stay. I felt as if they were trying some way to blame our horrible service on us!
My husband filed a complaint with Wyndham.com and got a response like 2 days later and it stated the General Manager was aware of our poor service and would contact him by 4-18-12...and true to form and poor service, NO such phone call was received. We are HIGHLY disappointed in how quickly this hotel has gone downhill since Wyndham has taken control! We were there last year(Marriott) and it was wonderful!
I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone ever again!!!! Whereas before, I recommended it highly to many people.
I will say that the employees were very friendly, but that in NO way makes up for the level of incompetence we encountered.
We also overheard multiple other patrons complaining about the same issues, so I know it wasn't just us.
This was a tradition for our family, one that we very much enjoyed, and because of the sheer incompetence, we will NEVER return!
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Bay Point Hotel
- Wyndham Bay Point Hotel Panama City Beach
- Marriott Bay Point
- Marriott Panama City Beach
- Panama City Beach Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wyndham Bay Point Resort overlooks the protected and pristine St. Andrews Bay offering scenic views and an easy trek to the area’s top attractions. Stay and play a round of golf on one of the resort’s two courses or enjoy a rejuvenating spa treatment. When venturing out, spend the day at Pier Park, the area’s newest shopping experience, or explore the variety of family-friendly activities located within a short drive of the resort. For beach-goers, the Wyndham Bay Point Resort offers complimentary seasonal boat shuttle to Shell Island—home to some of the world’s most beautiful beaches. No matter what your fancy, you’ll find it during your stay at the Wyndham Bay Point Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Bay Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.