The location of the room was great but it smelled damp and musty. The bed was very comfortable. When the sun shown through the window you could see that the room was not as clean as it could be. The information about the hotel amenities was not easy to find. The staff weren't able to tell me where it was. The woman at the desk said it was all online. Not so. Actually behind the room service menu and upside down like they do with owners manuals in different languages. Odd place. Of course if it had been placed with the amenity side up when the room was done I would have found it right off. They have a thing where you can opt out of linen service but that seemed to mean if you did not want the sheets changed you could not get fresh towels. Sort of an all or nothing policy. We don't need our sheets changed during our stay but really like fresh towels every other day or so. Could not get that across for some reason so just got towels from the staff when I encountered them.
When you Google the closest Starbucks it comes up in the hotel. NOT SO! Just a coffee urn of Starbucks coffee. I would certainly try to correct that if I managed this hotel. I was just generally disappointed given the cost of the room.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- The Westin Fort Lauderdale Hotel
- Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Fort Lauderdale Hotel offers a renewing experience. Our Fort Lauderdale Hotel is only a few minutes from attractions such as golf, beaches, shopping, restaurants and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.