We stayed at The Bridge at Cordova "Boutique"(!!??) last month, following the great reviews we had seen on trip advisor, please, please, please don´t listen to a word of it and make the same terrible mistake my partner and I did.
When we made the booking the wonderfully polite owner Jorge (soon to change to the wonderfully absent Jorge when we had a complaint) told us that he was upgrading us to a poolside room, so as you can imagine my partner and I were very happy about this until we spent our first night "poolside". The room looked ok as long as you keep your sun glasses on and did not look closer,
Now I know Jorge is going to say that we paid for an $88 dollar room not a $200 dollar room but we were not after the Ritz and knew that when we booked The Cordova we were not going to get supreme luxury, all we asked for was a little cleanliness and instead we found hair everywhere, on the floor, hair on the bed sheets (different shades and size), rust and mould on the shower tap.
Worse if you can imagine was still to come, we were woken by music played on the speaker situated in the pool area at 5am, yes 5 o clock in the morning, now I personally do not mind Dean Martin but for breakfast I would much prefer a croissant or a piece of toast than “little old wine drinking me” played at 100 decibels, They like playing music videos on a projector 24 hours a day so the rooms by the swimming pool are never what you would call relaxed , not even during the night, so it really is impossible to have a good nights rest, but then again I don’t think you would be able to sleep with the nasty visitors that come in the night. OUR ROOM WAS FULL OF BED BUGS, after waking in the morning full of bites, we checked our bed and as you can see from the attached pictures we were definitely not the only guests at the Cordova.
We complained to the assistant manager (A Norman Bates impersonator) who informed us that it must have been the previous guests from the night before, but as you can see these guys had been living here for quite some time.
I really can not say to anyone reading this how bad this place is and how bad the service is, please do not listen to the “family hotel” rubbish that has clearly been written by the staff or a group of very full and grateful bedbugs………
- Also Known As:
- The Bridge At Cordova Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- The Bridge At Cordova Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Key West experience in Ft Lauderdale.We weekly cater dozens of people coming to the convention center only 8 minutes walking away and people using Port Everglades on their way to cruises who use our property as a bridge; The rooms are spacious with their own bathroom, kitchenette, patio, plasma TV and on top of that breakfast and transportation included. Were are a family small budget hotel with 22 suites with jacuzzi surrounded by 40 restaurants, convenience stores, water taxi, shopping center, all walking distance. The beach is only 8 minutes away by bus, plenty of transportation. Port Everglades is only 4 minutes away and there is a fee of $6.00 per person. It will be a pleasure to prove my word as owner of this property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.