Stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn property in downtown Denver for the weekend. If you want easy access to either the Convention Center or the Denver Performing Arts Center, this HGI’s location can’t be beat. The Convention Center is about 2 blocks away, the DPAC about 4, Denver Pavilions about 2 or 3, and if you need any groceries, there is a King Souper’s about a 10 minute walk away. The immediate area looks plenty safe. Some may not care much if they have to walk all over downtown but I think some of my companions weren’t acclimating to the altitude so the convenient location made things easier. Also, the hotel has a 100% no smoking policy.
My room was very nice, good sized, clean-smelling, and had a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron & ironing board, and blow dryer. The weekend I was in, they changed the already big flat panel T.V. to an even bigger one. There is a basic set of cable channels and a variety of pay for view options. I had no issues with the wi-fi or the wired (Ethernet) internet access. The shower was hot and strong. My room was very quiet during my stay with very little sound from the neighbors or from the street below. There is a good quarter inch gap from the bottom of my hall door to the floor so I could hear anything and everything in the hallways but everybody on my floor must have been keeping similar hours to me since I didn’t really notice that much hallway noise. Some may find the refrigerator sound a little distracting but I didn’t.
The hotel’s lobby was pretty basic so it’s not really the place where you meet and entertain guests. I think I noticed a small diner and a restaurant just off the lobby but I didn’t try either. The front desk staff was courteous, efficient, and eager to accommodate guests. The valet staff likewise – even trying to anticipate guest needs. Because of the weather, the smokers didn’t really go off the property to puff away but stood right outside the door so the cigarette stink did come into the lobby sometimes.
My bottom line is that for convenient access to events in the downtown area near the Convention Center this Hilton property is a good choice.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown Hotel Denver
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver
- Hilton Denver
- Denver Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located between the 16th Street Mall and the 14th Street Streetscape the Hilton Garden Inn hotel in downtown Denver is right next to the Colorado Convention Center. Hilton Garden Inn offers a full buffet breakfast along with a full service restaurant and bar, Pi Kitchen & Bar. Grab an on-the-go meal from our Pavilion Pantry or a specialty coffee from our DazBog Coffee bar. Enjoy all the amenities you'll need for a perfect business or leisure stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown. Book your stay online today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.