My wife and I visited here for a long weekend with our dogs. All members of the staff were friendly and the atmosphere was peaceful and inviting. The restaurant served mostly natural and organic food which was delicious. We even signed up for a special healthy and nutrition clinic at the inn which was very informative. The Inn is just south of the main town area of Mendocino, maybe a two or three minute drive, so very convenient. The grounds of the inn were well kept and we even went kayaking in the nearby river that feeds into the ocean. It was relaxing to sit out on the deck with our dogs, take in the view, and sip a nice glass of wine. The fireplace also kept the room cozy at night. A very nice place to stay, we'll certainly go back for another nice weekend.
- Also Known As:
- Stanford Inn By The Sea Hotel
- Stanford Inn By The Sea Hotel Mendocino
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside, the exquisite Stanford Inn sits atop a meadow overlooking Mendocino Bay. Embodying the best of the rugged Mendocino Coast, the Inn is a haven. The rambling lobby, guest rooms, and suites are paneled in pine and redwood. Every detail is attended to, from wood-burning fireplaces set and ready to light to the sumptuous organic breakfasts. Inspired by the Stanford's Certified Organic gardens, The Ravens' restaurant is outstanding and nationally acclaimed for its vegetarian cuisine. Guests are indulged at the Inn's Massage in the Forest and private yoga sessions. Canoeing and kayaking on Big River, California's new State Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Stanford Inn by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.